Wildfire .037

The news spread like wildfire. Everyone single person, including some of the hostages, knew about this betrayal. Ava felt like she was in a nightmare. She'd done it before, but she never felt the intense guilt from it. When she was younger, she'd sneak behind Martin's back to be with Andres. This was different, though. She did love Andres. She was in love with him. Her feelings for Sergio were so complicated. She enjoyed his company, she cared for him, she did indeed love him. She knew it wasn't right to kiss him a few months ago, and she definitely knew it wasn't right to have sex with him, but her desire for him was at a high. They'd spent every day together, talking, cuddling, laughing with each other. She'd be lying if she said she never thought about him in that way. Every time the thoughts came up, she shoved them back down so that she could pretend like she didn't have them. When he kissed her, she wasn't expecting it, but it would have been hard for her to turn him down because of how badly she wanted him. Now, she had to deal with the consequences because of her terrible actions and so did Sergio. 

         "Tokyo," For the first time in a few hours, the Professor spoke on the radio. Tokyo's eyes went straight to the radio and she walked over to it, grabbing it quickly. Lisbon was back in the RV, but she hadn't said even a word to him. He wasn't going to push her to talk if she wasn't ready to. He was the one that made the mistake. 

        "Professor." She answered him. 

        "Rio's in Spain." Everyone that heard was in glee. They all shared a smile and a giggle. Tokyo was ecstatic. She sent the Professor a quick, 'thank you' and then turned to wrap her arms around Denver. Most of them came here for this. They were trying to get Rio back. It wouldn't be complete until he was there. Then they could really start focusing on getting the hell out of there alive. Tokyo went around giving hugs. Ava hugged her back. Ava wasn't happy right now, but she was so happy for Tokyo. Tokyo and Rio deserved happiness and she was glad she could help give them that. 

         Denver was standing beside Ava. They had been watching over the hostages before the rest of the gang came over. Stokholm had her eyes locked on Ava and Denver. Stokholm and Valencia were actually close. They developed a friendship over the month, but she was being hostile towards her now. Ava offered Stokholm a smile but Stokholm didn't give one back. Instead, she walked up to the two of them. 

         "Denver," Stokholm started, "can I talk to you?" Ava furrowed her eyebrows when Denver looked over at Ava. 

         "We're watching over the hostages, Monica." Denver said back to Stokholm but Ava spoke up quickly. 

          "I have them handled. Go on." Ava assumed Monica didn't want her around her man which angered her a bit, but she wouldn't pry on it. She wouldn't make a move on Denver and if Denver tried anything, which she doubted, she wouldn't do anything back. She didn't want him like that. She cared for him like a brother, nothing more. Denver nodded his head and thanked her before he walked off with Stokholm. Ava needed some peace and quiet. She needed some space away from the rest of the group, especially after hearing what happened. They all seemed to know within a few hours of Berlin finding out. Helsinki and Nairobi were both staring at Ava for a bit too long and Ava cocked an eyebrow. "What?" Ava asked it a bit too hostile. She didn't want all of the judgement. She was really regretting it now. 

          "How was he?" Nairobi asked Ava, finally walking over to her. Helsinki couldn't help but smirk, but he looked at Nairobi with raised eyebrows. Ava stared at her for a moment and she couldn't help the small laugh that left her lips. She shouldn't be laughing. She knew that. She should be really upset. She should be so regretful, but she had just giggled at the question. 

           "He was alright." Ava responded but she was lying clearly. She could still feel his hands all over her body, she could feel his lips on hers. She still remembered it like it happened just hours ago so it was good. It was really everything she'd been expecting.