Thirty

[|]

Jackie's POV

It was easier than I thought. I thought it would be difficult for him to help me. Moving into someone's home was a personal invasion and I thought someone like Lucas declined without letting me explain. So, it surprised me when he accepted to let me live with him.

After the call, I sat down and thought over what I had done but I had no one or place to be. Axel lived somewhere far since he ended up leaving Redside High and Maddy, was going back to her family home which was in the same town where my parents stayed. I had sworn never to go back there no matter what happened.

"Well, now I have to endure living with a jerk. I just hope he isn't a nuisance," I said and rested my back against the back of my chair. "I can't believe that Lucas Hamilton will be my roommate."

I could not help but laugh before stopping when Andrea walked into the room. It was then I realized that she liked Lucas and that I was going to be living with him. If they started to go out with each other, it would be weird.

"Studying for Monday's exam?" Andrea asked and sat on her bed.

"Yeah. I'm having math on Monday," I replied and faced my books.

"So, have you seen Lucas?"

I clenched my hand around my pencil. I was getting tired of hearing her ask about Lucas every time. Worst of all, she's always around this time around. I was glad the school year was over and I would most likely not see her again if she doesn't meet Lucas but I was not a bad person. She genuinely liked Lucas so I would help her, even if it made me feel a bit uncomfortable.

"I spoke to him a few minutes ago," I answered and she rushed to my side.

"Oh, my God! What did he say? Did you tell him about me?"

I sighed. "No, I didn't. We'll meet up soon so maybe I'll tell him about you."

"Can I come with you?"

I snapped my head in her direction with a glare on my face. Was this girl so desperate for him?

"Please, Jackie?"

I sighed. "Fine but I'll tell him about a friend coming with me."

My only hope was that I don't remember to tell him.

[|]

It was Thursday and in two days I was going to be done with my exams. The dorms were beginning to seem empty with fewer students as some had finished earlier and started to leave. Months ago or a few days ago, I would have been feeling depressed about the fact that I had no place to go or have a job but now, I was feeling happy and relaxed.

I was in my room packing up my things when Andrea walked in, singing. I chuckled at her and sang along to the song she was singing.

"Aww, you're packing," she said after singing.

"I know, right? I can't believe that almost a year has gone by," I said and she shrugged.

"You're right but that doesn't mean that we won't be seeing each other more often around school or something. You'll be staying in the dorm again, right?"