Chapter 35

Chapter 35 (I think I have no idea I lost track ok)

I helped Jessie, Niall, and Mum unload the bags from the car as I took in the stunning view. The skies were crystal clear, not a single cloud in the sky. The deep, blue ocean stretched out as far as my little eyes could see. It was so weird to think how small I was compared to everything in comparison. The palm trees’ shadows loomed over me, giving me a shade from the blazing sun, for now. I was ready to jump into the waters, but first I had to get all the towels, sunscreen and other necessary items out from the car.

“It’s pretty isn’t it?” I heard Niall ask.

I didn’t even turn towards him because I was so interested in the scene.

“Breathtaking, really.” I said with a smile. I had no idea how much time had passed with me just staring at the scene. However, I did know Niall was next to me, because I could practically feel him near me.

“I went to the ice cream shop today, you know the one with the old lady?” I blurted out for no reason.

“Oh yeah?”

“Yeah, but the old lady wasn’t there. It was her granddaughter. She was super nice, just like her nanny.” I told Niall.

“I’m sure she was.” He said his voice quite, and distant. I turned to look at him, and he was looking at the ocean. His mind lost deep in thought about God knows what. His eyebrows were scrunched together as he just looked at the waters.

I looked around to see that Jessie, mum, and Jacob were already down to the shore.

There were a couple fans that were standing a bit behind Niall and I, not wanting to disturb. I turned and smiled at their expression. I could tell that Niall and the boys had quite an impact on their lives.

“I think they would want a picture.” I told Niall tapping his shoulder. He turned around to see some fans that he didn’t notice where there before.

He gave his fans a smile that made my heart wrench. I knew how much they meant to him, ever since he was little, Niall wanted to be doing what he was doing now. To be touring the world, with his best mates, and changing people’s lives. I was so immensely proud of him, it was unbelievable.

He walked over to them as the girls mouth’s were hanging open. I felt a smile find its way to my face as I watched how happy Niall was.

“Here, give me the camera, I’ll take the pictures.” I offered walking over to the girls.

They said quick thanks before I snapped the picture.

“It means a lot to us that you took a couple seconds to do that, for you, Niall, it was just a generous thing but for us, this is our life.” One of the girls said with a huge smile on her face.

“We won’t be bothering you guys, just thank you!” One of the girls quickly said flashing a smile and walking away. The rest of the girls followed her league and said quick byes as well.

“You have amazing fans.” I said my voice quite. Niall shook his head, but didn’t utter a word. I took it as he didn’t feel like talking, so we just made our way down to the beach in silence. 

Niall was running into the waters with Jacob on his shoulders. I was sitting in the sand, right where the waves would crash, as I watched Niall and Jacob. A small smile was on my lips as I watched Jacob laugh and play with Niall. He would be a great father, he has always loved kids. I didn’t really want to go into the water mostly because I was afraid of water. Even though Niall taught me how to swim a bit when we had a pool party at his house, didn’t mean I was any good. I especially didn’t want to go in the ocean just because I didn’t want to drift out in the ocean and well, die.