Chapter Sixty Five

"Where are we? Are you sure this is safe?" Clarice said as Severus lead her through a dark tunnel. He was holding Elio, but even without the boy in her arms she was still off balance. There were so many divets and bumps in the ground, yet Severus seemed to know the way like the back of his hand.

"It's fine, we're almost there." He said.

"To where exactly?" She kept pushing.

"Have I ever disappointed you?" Severus asked and frowned when she didn't answer. "Forget I asked."

"I just wanna know-" She was cut off.

"Here. Hold him while I open this." Severus handed Elio over and shoved openxa cellar door.

As they climbed out, Clarice's brows only furrowed more. They were in a random basement.

"Don't." Severus said before she could even ask.

She followed him up another staircase and through a door. Instantly, Clarice knew where she was.

"Honeydukes!" She exclaimed. "I didn't realize there were tunnels in the castle..."

"I told you you'd like it." He grinned and silently patted himself on the back.

"Candy!" Elio squealed.

"Let's get a basket." Clarice said while dragging Elio away.

By the time they left, they had about every candy you could choose from. Elio was enjoying some Bertie Botts, who quickly realized they all weren't as good as they sounded.

"Can we stop in here?" Clarice pointed at her favorite clothing shop and Severus groaned aloud, but nodded.

Clarice spent a few minutes browsing the robes and different cloaks without realizing Severus was talking to the woman at the front.

"Claire?" He called out and her head poked out from a rack of robes.

"Hmm?" She replied.

"Look what I found." He chuckled. She came around the corner and held up a disgustingly bright yellow cloak!

"Oh my gosh! It's just like my old one!" She exclaimed.

"Just as hideous too. Try it on." He helped her fasten it.

"Oh I just love it." She sighed while looking in the mirror.

"Well, it's yours." He responded.

"Hm?"

"It's yours. I had it ordered to you. Specially made because no else wears things like this." He chuckled.

"You're joking."

"I'm not."

"Sev!"

"What?"

"You hated this thing!"

"But I love you."

"I love you too. Thank you."

"Mommy, I like this!" Elio pointed to a maroon and gold wizards hat.

"I'm sure you do, my little Gryffindor ." Clarice said while realizing it was a Gryffindor hat he was interested in.

"Gryffindor?" Severus asked as he ushered them out. "Absolutely not. I won't stand for that."

"It was a Gryffindor hat."

"That doesn't mean anything." Severus said.

"I don't know. I can see it." Clarice shrugged and then smirked. "You think he's going to be a Slytherin?"