Chapter Twenty Two | 'Rain on someone's parade'

A L E X A N D R A  | J O N E S

My headphones were plugged in as i swipe my paint brush across the canvas, I sat on top of my legs. Half-naked, in just my favourite Marvel underwear. I love Marvel. I love it! And now...when i think about it. I basically have my own spider man, but a version where he's sort of the bad guy but with a good heart.

"I got a pocket, got a pocket full of sunshine." I mumble along the lyrics.

I dont consider him to be one, I consider him to be misunderstood. Maybe we are all villains, just depends on who's telling the story. I continue to sketch the alley way, and this time with Diávolos one side and Ares on the other. I drew him just as I saw him. That stupid mask of his. But his eyes. Oh, how bright. I shuffle around in my seating, putting my knee under my chin.

"I got a love and I know that it's all mine, oh, oh-oh. Do what you want but you're never gonna break me. Sticks and stones are never gonna shake me, oh, oh-oh." I stand up, adjusting the stand of the canvas to a standing level. I turn and grab the black paint, squirting it onto my palette.

"Take me away. A secret place. A sweet escape. Take me away." I hold the paintbrush against my mouth, moving around with the song. I tuck the paint brush into my ears, "Do what you want but you're never gonna break me..." I mime the rest of the words; I swing my hair a little as i smudge the paint with my fingers.

I suddenly felt cold air catch my back hairs, I peep up from my canvas and turn slightly to see Ares leaning against the wall besides the door. I gasp in shock as I pull out my headphones from my ears. Covering my breasts, "Oh! You scared me." He leans out a little and grabs my necklace gently enough to pull me close to him.

He takes his mask off and drops it onto the ground. He moves my hands away from my breasts. Before gently kissing me on the lips while I was holding my paint palette in one hand and my headphones in the other. His lips caress my bottom lip, slowly sucking on it. My breast presses against his stomach as I whimper gently.

His fingers dig into my hair, and then we pull away.

His minty breath lingering on mine. I could never tell his facial reactions, he settles down onto the couch near the window and I turn my canvas around, I then notice I am not wearing a shirt. I rush and grab his hoodie he lent me the other day and slip it over my body.

He leans back, his legs spread wide as he watches my every movement. "Do you want something to drink? It's pouring outside."

"I'm good." He spoke, staring out my window. I move closer to him and sit next to him; his long lashes is the only view i have of him. I graze his hands, the one with the swords.

I bite onto my lips and look down at my headphones, I smile as an idea comes through. "Want to listen to my favourite song?" He then faces me; I smile and hold up my headphone. He nods and I slowly bend over him and plug in the right headphone into his ear.

He pulls me on top to straddle him, I start the music and he stares down at me.

I got a pocket, got a pocketful of sunshine
I got a love and I know that it's all mine, oh, oh-oh
Do what you want but you're never gonna break me
Sticks and stones are never gonna shake me, oh, oh-oh

I pay my fingers against his chest, vibing to the music.

His fingers scale my bare legs before raising my hoodie, enough for my butterfly tattoo to show. He grazes it with his finger. The tension was too high, and Aunt Coraline is in the other room. His nose drags down my forehead. My hair covers his, "I want to-make you feel butterflies." Ares chuckles.