4

P.EVANS + J.POTTER

whew— anyways... lol
thank you ALL for being the best people ever and helping a girl out with this situation (,:

so — let's have a sweet chapter.. shall we?

<4>
dancing w/ you

"Let's go on a date."

"When?"

"Right now."

"Right now?"

      JAMES WAS TOO BUZZED TO WORRY about Petunia's reaction to his date idea. Because, as the words left his lips, he'd already grabbed her hand, ignoring the flutter in his stomach as he pulled her down the tower's steps, straight into the pouring rain.

The sky was darker, as night started to grow. And as the clouds only got bigger, angrier, the sun would have no chance to shine through.

The almost empty bottle of Firewhiskey found itself filling up with rain water — but neither seemed to care or even notice. Because as the rain immediately drenched the two, Petunia let out a small laugh as she widened out her arms, accepting every droplet that had found her.

And James, himself, didn't seem to mind the rain like usual. Because like Petunia, he splashed his feet in the small puddles scattered around the grass patches, enjoying every moment of it.

His pants were drenched, her white shoes were now a light shade of the brown — their hair was sticking to their faces, having the dominating curly side pull through.

And as the thunder continued to expose itself — Petunia found herself singing any song she could think of, slightly slurring the lyrics as they left her lips. And as James heard ones he had known, he'd join the blonde, dramatically belting out the lyrics, occasionally messing them up.

Petunia and James were in a daze.

The two had drank away their fears of the future. War was coming, they both knew that. But as they were young, only being free for one last night, they took it to their advantage — rather than sulking at the fact.

they decided to be kids.

James had placed the bottle back onto his lips, sipping the mixture of rain and whiskey — still making a face as it drained down his throat. And Petunia found her smile growing wider, slipping and sliding against the wet grass as she ran towards the boy, taking him off guard as she jumped, wrapping her arms around his shoulders.

they felt safe in each others arms.

And as he held her, continuing his singing as her small giggles interrupted him, the boy pulled her closer — being as gentle as possible as he placed her soaked feet against the ground.

he mocked a bow

she drunkenly curtsied.

"May I?"

James didn't have to ask twice.

Because Petunia answered his question through her movements, rather than her words. Since, as James held out a welcoming hand, she was quick to connect her own with his, immediately being pulled into a small dance.

James's hand was resting on the small of her back, making sure he didn't go to low. And Petunia rested her hand against his shoulder — letting the boy lead her every which way.

The rain was starting to lighten, the clouds began to spread. And as the two swayed to their own voices, even as they were singing off-key, they couldn't feel happier in that moment.

Her eyes were permanently focused on his, and her smile was matching his own. Their hearts were beating quicker than usual, not following the usual rhythmic pattern. And just like an hour ago, James had felt himself lean forward, softly pressing a kiss to her lips.

It was short and sweet.

And like usual, Petunia returned the small kiss, not minding the taste of whiskey that still lingered against his lips.

They kissed again.

She was pulled closer, despite the already close proximity. And Petunia found herself bringing her hands to his hair, tangling her fingers into his curls.

he smiled into the kiss.

And as his hands roamed from the small of her back to her sides, he couldn't help but pull away — wanting to admire her up close.

the familiar words repeating in his mind.

"I think you're in love, Prongs."

and to petunia, her realization hitting her again, like it once had previously.

she was in love with james potter.

___
how are people so good with making tiktok edits of their wattpad books😭😭 i wanna do it y'all but i am NOT tech savvy is that kinda way (ive gotten private messages about it) hahaha
P.EVANS + J.POTTER