Chapter Five: Scabbers

"Beautiful day." Hermione said, speed walking in front of the three boys as they made their way to Hagrid's.

"Gorgeous. Unless you've been ripped to pieces!" Ron snapped.

"Ripped to pieces?" Harry spoke, rolling his sleeves up.

"What are you talking about?"

"Ronald has lost his cat." Hermione sighed, shaking her head.

"I haven't lost anything!" Ron spat, catching up next to her.

"Your cat killed him!"

"Rubbish." Hermione argued, walking faster to get ahead of Ron.

"10 galleons the rat is alive." Y/N whispered into Harry's ear with a smirk before running up to Hermione, his hands in his pockets.

"Harry, you've seen the way that bloodthirsty beast of hers is always lurking about. And Scabbers is gone!" Ron spoke behind Hermione's back but made sure she heard him.

"Well, maybe you should take better care of your pets!" Hermione snapped back.

Y/N yawned, Ron had been bothering Hermione all day about Scabbers and Y/N had gotten in the middle of it due to him always being with Hermione.

"Give it a rest, Ronald. The poor rat didn't have much longer in him anyways, did you see how horrid it looked?" Y/N said sarcastically, keeping his hands in his pockets as he yawned once more.

Y/N had been extra tired lately. He had been practicing his magic a lot with his mysterious book in a random room he'd found called the The Room Of Requirements.

"Y/N! Hermione's cat killed him!" Ron shouted.

"Did not!" Hermione yelled back.

"Did." Ron's eyes darted away.

"Didn't." Hermione replied, dragging Y/N by the arm down the stairs.

"Granger, slow down!" Y/N cried as she pulled him down, leaving Ron and Harry far behind.

Hermione let go of Y/N's arm, realizing her anger.

"Sorry, Y/N." She muttered, slowing down her pace for Y/N to catch up properly.

Y/N jogged up in front of her, stopping her in her tracks. Her hair was tied up in a ponytail, Y/N couldn't tell if it was messy or if it was just her hair's natural curliness but she looked flawless either way.

"Calm down, Lion." Y/N chuckled, amused at her annoyance.

"You're gonna get wrinkles from frowning so much."

"It's not funny." Hermione puffed out her cheeks, crossing her arms and looked to the side.

Y/N couldn't help but laugh at her. Her voice was so serious yet her actions seemed to be a bit childish. She was cute.

"You're ugly when you're upset." Y/N raised an eyebrow, his cheeky smile never leaving his face.

Y/N placed his hand on her chin, softly tilting her head to face him. Her eyes were glossy after her short argument with Ron making Y/N's heart feel heavy.

"Besides, I'm sure Crookshanks wouldn't want to eat that smelly, old rat." Y/N joked, making her giggle.

Y/N looked behind Hermione to see Ron and Harry catching up. He let go of her chin, pocketing his hands once more before walking off to meet with Hagrid.

"You finally smiled." Y/N muttered to himself, hiding the soft smile on his face.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------