Steps Toward Healing

Sunny was laying on the floor, several dvd cases balanced precariously on his stomach in the shape of a house. Kel was sitting beside him, trying to add another to the mountain. Aubrey was sitting on the couch, spectating. There were only one more day before christmas. Everyone would be busy the next day, Christmas eve, so they were spending some time together tonight. They were all wearing ugly christmas sweaters Kel's mom had made for them and were planning to spend the night watching corny christmas movies and playing dumb games. Somehow, Kel had managed to convince Sunny to let him build a christmas dvd castle on him. It was going surprisingly well, despite them having to start over three times. At first, Aubrey had made fun of them and laughed when it fell over, but now she seemed just as invested in seeing how big they could possibly make this castle as Kel was. Sunny was good at staying still, he breathed slowly so it didn't move the cases around too much. Basil and Hero had gone out to do some last minute shopping so this was as good of an activity as any to keep their attention for the time being.

Kel added another dvd case, holding the most focused expression Sunny had ever seen on his face before. Aubrey leaved forward a little as the dvd castle swayed precariously and all of them silently prayed it wouldn't fall. When it didn't, Kel silently pumped his fist in victory, then grabbed the next dvd case, looking for a place to put it. Before he could start placing it down, the door swung open and a gust of cold air filled the room. Magically, the dvd case castle stayed standing. Basil and Hero walked through the door, their coats and scarves dusted with snow. Hero shut the door and for a moment, Basil stood there, processing what he was looking at. Sunny had to try his hardest not to laugh at his confused expression, they had made it this far and he was not about to ruin the castle. 

Basil let out a slow sigh, "We left you alone for what," He looked at his watch, "Twenty minutes? And you've already done this?"

Sunny laughed, the dvd castle went tumbling to the ground and Kel whined, "Sunny!"

Aubrey laughed too, leaning her head back on the couch. Basil smiled slightly and carried the grocery bags to the kitchen with Hero before coming back out. Kel and Sunny were both picking up the mess.

"You guys are idiots," Aubrey insulted them but her smile gave away her true nature. 

Basil came over and sat down to help them pick up, "I can't believe how you manage to do these things in such a short time frame," He sighed, "But at least you didn't break anything."

Sunny smiled, putting the dvd cases away before moving over to Basil. He sat beside him silently. He didn't know why, but he'd felt a strong urge to be near the flower boy recently. He felt nice whenever he was around him, he didn't understand why, but he didn't really care all that much. If he was happy around Basil then it couldn't be a bad thing. Basil smiled at him slightly, "We should go make some popcorn. I think Hero's putting the cookies in the oven right now."

Sunny nodded and they both stood up, walking to the kitchen together and ignoring whatever Kel and Aubrey had begun to bicker about now. Sunny subconsciously felt himself step a little closer to Basil, the blonde didn't seem to notice, but if he did, he didn't say anything. Sunny didn't know why he'd been feeling so clingy. Ever since they went to the fair he found himself taking any excuse to be near Basil, leaning into his presence but found that he couldn't bring himself to touch him like they usually did. Personally he could only describe the feeling he got when he was near Basil as "good nausea". He didn't understand the feeling at all, but he wanted to feel it. He liked the newness of it. He wanted to figure out what caused it, what made it feel different or spike. Maybe it was a normal feeling. He wouldn't know, he'd spent four years locked in his house. He'd have to ask someone about it sometime. The first person that came to mind was his mother, but he immediately vetoed the thought. He loved his mother, but they had never been close, even before what happened. So that was out of the question for him. He doubted Kel would know much about it, and he still didn't think he had the right to ask Aubrey anything. Maybe he could ask Hero? Hero was the eldest of them and had the most life experience so he'd most likely know what it was. Sunny pursed his lips, would Hero think he was weird for not knowing? He'd have to wait a little while.