26.

Hayden went out from Transfiguration class with Draco and the others in deep thought. He felt professor McGonagall act a little bit off today. She wasn't as strict as usual and looked tired. Hayden saw her rubbed her fingers few times in anxious manner. Hayden could be said that he knew his former head of house well from the plenty amount of time they spent together those past four years. Professor McGonagall was nice head of house and Hayden felt her kindness behind her strictness. She would protect him from the dangers but reprimanded him for being naughty. Hayden had tendency to attract some danger when he was Harry and professor McGonagall was the one who help him with her way. Hayden didn't know it before but now he felt grateful to her. That's why looking at professor McGonagall unusual behaviour concern him.

Hayden didn't tell the others about his concern and walked towards the next class in silence. Draco looked at him from his peripheral eyes but said nothing. Not the right place to have a conversation.

On the way they met the Gryffindor. Hayden forgot they would share class with them. Hayden pursed his lips. He thought there would be disruption in the class and he would not have a good study. It's been a while for the Slytherin and the Gryffindor being in the same class. The timetable was changed every two weeks and after few changes they had the same schedule. It didn't matter actually but Hayden felt his mood was bit down.

Contrast to his gloomy expression, Blaise had happy expression when he saw Gryffindor. Hayden saw Blaise's eyes lit up when he saw Neville. Hayden forgot there's Neville in Gryffindor. He felt less gloomy than before. He could see Neville and he felt he could tolerate Gryffindor a bit.

Hayden didn't want to have any more interaction with his ex friends. They had done many bad things and gave him negative influence. He thought they're genuine but actually they stabbed him. Hayden didn't know anything before but after he received his inheritance which is two years prior because of them he understood the damage they had done to him and his two ex friends were the ones of them.

Hayden held no grudge against his ex friends despite how deep the scars were left. He just didn't want to have any more connections with them. He did not want to cross the path with them. Although he didn't have any resentment he didn't want to remember anything from the past. He hadn't dealing with his past and he needed time to heal.

Hayden pondered in his heart. Did he really forgive them? Did he really want to forget about them? Was he really sure? Hayden didn't know the answer. He shook his head and threw the thought out of his head.

"Baby? Why you stop walking?"

"Huh? Oh? Nothing." He shook his head and walked towards Draco in quick pase. Hayden didn't realise he stop walking and stood motionless in the corridor and if not for Draco called him, he would be left behind.

Hayden didn't realise he looks unhappy but Draco saw him through. It should be because of the Gryffindor. Draco who knew Hayden's other identity and the story behind his changing looked at the petite boy with concerns. Draco understood how much Hayden's past affected his life.

Draco didn't say anything and just hold his hand briefly under his robes. They hadn't made it public and it wasn't the right time to coming out of closet. Hogwarts and magic world wasn't against same sex relationship or human non human relationship. It just the timing wasn't good as the impending war slowly emerging from the dark. His father, Lucius, told him to be lowkey despite how "lowkey" Malfoy had been. He warned Draco to not act rashly just because he fell in love and was in relationship with Dark Lord's heir. Draco understood his assignment clearly. He promised his father to announce their love story after getting permission from the Dark Lord.

Malfoy might be the most wealthiest family in the world but Riddle was the strongest amongst the them. Riddle was the ruler while Malfoy was the financial backer. Both families had the best mutualism in the world. Although their partnership wasn't long, shorter than Malfoy and Black, or weaker than Malfoy and Lavigne, or not as old as Malfoy and Montagne.