- nine -

"Yooji!" Winter hummed happily once Karina walked into the kitchen. She shuffled over to the brown eyed girl and held up a banana. "We missed you."

Karina glanced back at her roommates, who were all watching their interaction from the couch. She raised an eyebrow at them, and they all turned away, knowing they'd been caught.

"Do you need me to peel that?" Karina asked, eyeing the banana that Winter was holding up.

"No," Winter shook her head. she stared at the banana for a few moments before bringing it to her mouth and trying to bite into it. she quickly pulled the banana away and stared at it disgust. "I broke it," she gasped.

Karina laughed and shook her head. "You didn't break it," she took the banana out of Winter's hands and peeled it halfway, handing it back to her. "You just have to peel it first."

"My savior," Winter hummed happily, looking down at the banana and then up at Karina. "Want some?" she tilted her head to the side and held the fruit up in Karina's face.

Shrugging, Karina leaned over and took a bite of the banana. Winter giggled excitedly.

"Thank you," Karina laughed at Winter's excitement.

"Thank you," Winter repeated. she nodded once and took a bite of the banana, humming in approval.

"No, you're supposed to say you're welcome," Karina pointed to Winter to explain. "If someone thanks you, you say 'you're welcome'."

"You're welcome, thank you," Winter nodded happily and turned around, walking over to the counter and sitting on one of the stools. Karina giggled at Winter's attempt, leaning against the counter and glancing back in the living room. Her roommates looked away quickly, but Karina knew they were still watching her.

"You have a pretty laugh," Winter observed. she leaned across the counter and placed her fingers on Karina's lips, as if she could hear her laughing through touch. "I like it when you laugh," Winter reaffirmed with a nod.

Karina's cheeks grew red and she knew the other girls were all surprised by how easily she and Winter were getting along. "I guess I should do it more often, then," she shrugged, smirking when she saw Giselle mouth 'oh my god' to Ningning out of the corner of her eye.

"Yes, you're welcome," Winter smiled with a mouthful of banana. Karina giggled, which caused Winter to smile even wider.

"What's for dinner?" Giselle strolled into the kitchen, pretending like she hadn't just watched the entire encounter between Karina and Winter. The brown eyed girl shrugged and started putting the groceries away.

"This is dinner," Winter announced, holding up a box of mac and cheese for Giselle to see.

"Good choice, Bunny," Giselle laughed, holding out her fist in front of Winter. The smaller girl stared at it questioningly. "You're supposed to bump it with your fist like this," Giselle laughed, holding her fist out to Karina, who returned the gesture.

"Oh," Winter nodded, bumping both of her fists together. Karina and Giselle laughed, and Giselle shook her head.

"No, bump my fist," she explained, holding her fist out in front of Winter. Winter nodded once and held out her fist to bump Giselle's. Once she did, Giselle pulled her fist back and made an exploding sound with her mouth. Winter giggled excitedly and then did the same.

"Make the girl her dinner, Rina," Giselle teased, tossing the box of macaroni and cheese to Karina. The brown eyed girl made a face at Giselle before grabbing a pot and filling it with water. she set the pot on the stove to boil.