- ten -

Leaving Winter didn't get any easier the second time around. If anything, it became more difficult now that Winter understood what was happening.

"I go with Yooji," Winter whined to Giselle as the Japanese girl held her back from the door. Karina stood in the doorway, biting her lip and hesitating to leave.

"You're coming shopping with us today, Winter," Ningning piped up. "Karina will be back soon." Giselle waved her hand at Karina, motioning for her to leave. Karina sighed and slipped out the door while Winter was distracted.

"Yoojiiii," Winter cried, trying to wiggle out of Giselle's grasp. Giselle held on tightly to the small girl. She glanced at Ningning questioningly.

"It's like we're raising a child," Ningning mumbled. Winter was still trying to run for the door, and Giselle was struggling to hold onto her.

"Karina's gone, Winter," Giselle said firmly. she was growing increasingly frustrated with the fact that Winter was so persistent on being by Karina's side 24/7. the smaller girl turned around and looked at Giselle angrily.

Giselle's hands were still tightly gripping Winter's wrists, so the smaller girl settled on kicking her legs forwards and hitting the leg of the small table by the door. the wood cracked easily under the force of her kick, causing the table to fall over and bring the glass vase on top of it crashing to the floor. Ningning and Giselle both gasped as glass scattered everywhere. Winter immediately cried out and covered her ears with her hands, which Giselle had released out of shock.

"Why the hell would you do that?!" Giselle yelled, turning around and glaring at Winter. the smaller girl took a few steps back and brought her hands up in front of her face.

"Please," she shook her head violently. Giselle and Ningning exchanged confused glances as Winter continued to take slow steps away from them.

"Bad," Winter mumbled, knocking on her head with her fist. "Bad, Stupid," she shook her head and hit her head even harder. Giselle raised an eyebrow at Ningning, who was just as lost as she was.

"Stupid," Winter uttered under her breath. "Stupid, stupid, stupid," her voice grew louder and she began violently pummeling her head with both fists. her back slid down against the wall and she continued punching herself with her balled up fists.

"Winter, don't do that," Giselle quickly ran over to the girl and slid down next to her. "Hey, hey, you're not stupid," she grabbed Winter's hands and held them away from her face.

Winter looked up at Giselle, her bottom lip trembling. the Japanese girl felt extremely guilty for snapping at her. she glanced back at Ningning, who was already using the broom to sweep up the pictures of broken glass.

"Stupid," Winter shook her head and tried to bring her hands back to her face. Giselle kept a firm grip on her wrists, and Winter whined in frustration. "Stupid, bad, bad Winter."

Giselle bit her lip and sat down next to the girl. "You're not bad or stupid," Giselle said softly, unsure how she should go about comforting Winter.

"I killed it," Winter whimpered, pointing to the vase and table by the door. she began to cry softly, tears flowing down her cheeks and spotting her shirt.

"It's okay, Winter, it's just a vase. we can just buy a new one," Giselle shook her head. "It's okay, I promise. Do you want something to eat?" she tried to distract the smaller girl, hoping food would take her mind off of what she'd done.

Winter shook her head violently, sobbing even harder than before. she dropped her head onto her knees and covered her face with her hands as the sobs became uncontrollable.