- twelve -

Before Karina could respond, the bedroom door burst open, causing the older girl to immediately scramble away from Winter. Unfortunately, this caused her to fall backwards onto the floor, groaning in annoyance.

"Dinner's ready," Giselle smirked from the door. Karina glared at her, only to earn a wink from the Japanese girl. At the mention of dinner, Winter clapped her hands excitedly. Without another word, the small girl hopped out of bed and shuffled down the hallway.

Giselle walked over, extending a hand to Karina to help the older girl off the floor. Shooting her roommate an annoyed glare, Karina accepted the help and brushed off her pants once she got to her feet. Winter was already gone. Giselle held out her hand for Karina to wait before they went downstairs.

"What did I interrupt?" Giselle raised an eyebrow.

"Nothing," Karina snapped, shaking her head. "What are you even talking about?"

Giselle sighed, crossing her arms and giving Karina a knowing look.

"What?" Karina huffed.

"Obviously, something's going on between you two," Giselle nodded in the direction Winter had gone. "It's pretty obvious."

Karina's face faltered for a moment but she quickly composed herself. "There's nothing going on," she said firmly, nodding once before walking past Giselle and out of the room.

"If you say so," Giselle sighed. She followed Karina down the stairs, but grabbed her hand before they reached the kitchen. "But if there was something going on, I'd make sure to tell you to be careful." She whispered.

Karina's stomach dropped, and she turned to face Giselle. "Well good thing there isn't anything going on, then," she said simply before disappearing in the direction of the kitchen. Giselle sighed at her friend's stubbornness.

"Yooji, look!" Winter hopped in front of Karina and held up a bowl of mac and cheese. Karina raised an eyebrow at Giselle, who only shrugged.

"It was all we had," Ningning passed Karina her own bowl over the counter. The older girl sighed, grabbing a fork and following her roommates into the living room. Before Winter had shown up, the four roommates usually ate dinner at separate times in separate places. Now they all ate together. Karina hadn't realized how much she'd miss spending time with them.

As usual, Giselle, Ningning, and Yeji all took up the couches, purposely leaving no room for Karina. Not that she minded, though. The brown eyed girl sat down on the floor a few feet away from Winter, who smiled widely at her with a mouthful of food.

"Someone's in a better mood," Ningning commented, nodding towards Winter. Giselle and Yeji both nodded in agreement.

"It's cause Karina's home," Giselle smirked. Karina glared at her, but it obviously didn't affect the younger girl. "It's pretty obvious how much Winter loves Karina."

"Yes," Winter nodded once, as if she were confirming what Giselle had said. "I love Yooji, I want to kiss Yooji," she said casually, taking another bite of her food. Karina, however, nearly choked on her own food. She looked to her roommates, who looked just as shocked.

"What did you say, Winter?" Giselle glanced at the other girl. Winter looked up and tilted her head to the side.

"What?"

Sighing, Giselle sent Karina a look of confusion, which the older girl quickly returned. Karina's heart was pounding against her chest, and she swore everyone in the room was able to hear it. Had Winter really just said that? she couldn't have. Karina looked over at the younger girl, who was happily eating her dinner,