- twenty four -

"So she's basically free. I mean, she's not going to jail," Giselle explained to Karina as they walked back to the truck. "She's required to start seeing a therapist and some other special doctor, but that's about it. They said from her uncle's autopsy it was obvious that the gun had misfired. She must've been trying to get it away from him and pulled the trigger by accident."

"Damn," Karina bit her lip, sliding into the back of the truck.

"Yooji," Winter hummed happily, crawling into the back of Giselle's truck and scooting right up next to Karina. The five girls had decided to go out to dinner to celebrate Winter's acquittal. Karina was on cloud nine.

Ningning slid into the back of the car next to Winter, with Yeji and Giselle in the front. Giselle winked at Karina in the rear view mirror, making the brown eyed girl's cheeks flush red when she realized Winter was practically sitting in her lap.

"Hi," Winter smiled widely, her face inches away from Karina's. She didn't seem to mind that there were three other people in the car watching them.

"Hi," Karina giggled, feeling the now-familiar feeling of butterflies in her stomach. Winter abruptly leaned in, kissing Karina quickly and then turning around to make sure everyone seen them.

"My Yooji," she announced proudly. Karina was taken aback by the kiss, and moments later Winter's lips were against hers again. This time Karina caught up, and kissed her back gently. She felt Winter smiling against her lips and couldn't help but do the same. When the kiss pulled away, Karina's face grew red as she felt everyone's eyes on her.

"Gross," Ningning mumbled under her breath, sending Karina a playful smirk through the mirror. Karina shoved her playfully, which caused Winter to giggle. Ningning moved to push Karina back, but Winter threw herself in between them to stop her.

"Be nice," Winter nodded once, taking Ningning's hands and moving them away. The light skinned girl raised an eyebrow.

"So Karina can hit me but I can't hit her back?" her and Karina exchanged glances. The brown eyed girl burst into laughter.

"Yes. Be nice," Winter let go of Ningning's hands and scooted into Karina's side. Ningning rolled her eyes playfully.

Once they made it to the pizza place, Winter tugged Karina out of the car and practically dragged her inside the restaurant. They were taken to a large booth in the back, where Winter insisted that she sit next to Karina. As if the girls would allow them to sit apart from each other.

"What're we getting?" Yeji asked, turning the menu over to continue reading it. Winter furrowed her eyebrows and reached across the table, taking Yeji's menu away from her and placing it on top of her own.

"Pizza," she nodded once, pointing to the picture on the menu and smiling widely. The other four girls exchanged glances and shrugged, figuring pizza would be all they needed. The waitress came and took their order, paying extra attention to Karina the entire time.

Now Winter may be pretty special, but she wasn't stupid. She saw the waitress wink at Karina and immediately scooted closer to the girl. By the time the waitress collected their menus and left the table, Winter was practically in Karina's lap.

"What are you doing?" Karina giggled, wrapping an arm around Winter. The smaller girl glared at the waitress across the restaurant and Karina followed her line of vision, realizing what she was alluding to.

"Her?" Karina asked, raising an eyebrow. Winter looked at her, concern evident in her features. This only made Karina laugh and shake her head.

"Why would I want her when I've got you?"