Chapter 29

Later on that night, Jordan is getting ice from the ice machine. The feels a presence walk pass her. When she looks at them, they lean on the wall. It was the same guy from the pool.

"What's up?", he asks with a smirk.

"Hey", she replied as her bucket became full.

She didn't want to walk to her room with him watching so she stood there and tried to end the conversation for him to walk away.

"You know, you look real good to be a mom", he said.

"I didn't know moms were supposed to look a certain way", said Jordan.

"I meant your body", he said.

"I thought I told you that I'm taken. So these comments you're making are kind of inappropriate", said Jordan.

"They're compliments", he said.

"Well it makes me feel uncomfortable", said Jordan.

"Well what can I say to make you feel comfortable?", he asked.

"Nothing", said Jordan.

Jordan began to walk away but he grabbed her and looks at it.

"No ring? I know ya son is at least five", he said.

Jordan jerks her hand away and continues to walk away.

He watches her as she walks to the elevator.

"Why you getting on the elevator? Your room is over there.", he said.

Jordan began to feel anxious. She didn't understand how he knew that.

The guy began to walk toward.

"Look I have something that I am paid to do. I just hope that this doesn't ruin my chances of tappin' that ass", he said.

Jordan threw the ice bucket.

"Qu-"

Before Jordan could say anything, the guy covered her mouth and grabbed her.

Jordan struggled to get away from him or at least get her mouth free to fall for help.

Meanwhile, Tyquez was wondering what was taking Jordan so long to he opened the door.

Once he saw the guy grabbing on to Jordan, he began to go to them. He stopped once the guy pulled a gun out.

"My boss wants a word with yo ass", said the guy. "But I'm going to take her for collateral"

Tyquez looks at Jordan and he could see the worry in her eyes.

"Look, I don't need collateral. I'll talk to him, just let her go", said Tyquez. "She doesn't have anything to do with this"

"My boss invested in your business. We haven't seen a cut since. Without us, yo ass would be broke as shit again", said the guy.

"I told him, I got his money alright. I got it", said Tyquez. "Just let her go"

The elevator doors opened.

"Sorry. It's boss's orders", said the guy before walking on the elevator with Jordan.

"Nigga I said I got the fucking money, let her go", Tyquez shouted with anger as he held the elevator doors open.

"Nigga you better recognize who got the fucking pistol in they hand bitch", said the guy.

"Man I don't give a fuck. You need to let my woman go.", said Tyquez.

"Tyquez, stop", said Jordan.

Tyquez walked to the gun. The barrel of the gun is on his chest.

"You think I'm scared? It's one thing I don't play about and that's my family nigga. Let her go", said Tyquez.

"You lucky I need yo bitch ass alive", he said before lowering his gun and pushing Jordan to Tyquez.

"Go to the room", said Tyquez.

Jordan walked away.

"I only did that shit because I respect what you just did", said the guy.

"I don't give a damn, don't put your fucking hands on my lady again", said Tyquez.

"You pushing it bitch. Get the fuck up out this elevator man before I start taking shit personal", said the guy.

"Man shut yo bitch ass up", said Tyquez as he walked out of the elevator.

The elevator doors opened.

Tyquez walked to Jordan.

"You got a key?", he asked.

"No. Tyquez what in the hell is going on?", asked Jordan.

Tyquez checked his pockets.

"Quez?", said Jordan.

"We'll talk about that shit later. I gotta go downstairs and get a key", said Tyquez.

Jordan grabbed his arm.

"No. Talk about this now.", Jordan demanded.

"I saved my position at the company, that's what I did. Dude made an offer and I took it. I have to do some stuff in return for him but it doesn't matter. I get to keep my job, food on the table and a roof over our heads", said Tyquez.

"Some stuff in return? What stuff? I thought it was just money", said Jordan.

"Don't worry about it.", said Tyquez.

"I hope you aren't doing something that'll make you lose you job and they put in your jail", said Jordan.

"I'm not going to jail and I'm not going to lose my job. I'm good", said Tyquez. "Now come with me to get a key"

Jordan followed him to go downstairs. She didn't know what to think about the situation. She just knew that she didn't like it. She didn't like who he affiliated himself with. She was worried about him and her family.

TO BE CONTINUED...