24. Holidays

●●●

●●●

The last term came to an end and all the tired witches and wizards went on their merry way back home for the holiday break. The once lively castle became silent and the Slytherin Weasley would have found it enjoyable if it wasn't for the fact Justin was still in the hospital wing and Draco Malfoy and his goons stayed over for the Christmas break.

Every time Amelia crossed the common room to go visit the hospital wing, Draco would attempt to pick on her.

" Going to see your Mudblood boyfriend are you, Weasel?"

" Did mummy and Daddy not want you over for Christmas huh Weasley? I can see why. Pathetic you are."

Though, a hex to the face causing it to swell once again stopped Malfoy from coming near her. Goyle and Crabbe ready learned their lessons and stayed back. 

Visiting Justin Everday became part of Amelia's routine.  She would sometimes help Miss Pomfrey with his medicine to relieve him from his petrified state.  But the snow became her cruel enemy as it delayed the growth of the mandrake. leaving Miss Pomfrey to simply take care of the more minor injuries that he got from his fall. 

Justin's face was still frozen in his shocked expression which caused Amelia's stomach to curl. He never saw Harry coming.  After the incident, she didn't see Harry much. During their last few classes, Amelia sat far away from him, knowing she wouldn't be able to control herself and end up hexing him to oblivion. 

Christmas came faster than expected. No letter came to Amelia, not that she expected one, from her parents to inform her of anything. It came to a Suprise to her at the Christmas feast to see all her siblings, including Percy, eating at the Gryffindor table with Hermione and Harry. 

The many frosted- cover trees, the enchanted falling snow from the ceiling, and the hanging thick streams did not improve her mood. Dumbledore sang his carols and Hagrid's loud voice became an annoyance as she ate her food. The Slytherin table was barely empty. Draco, his two goons, and five other students filled the table. 

After eating a good meal, Amelia took some of the pudding with her and walked back to the dungeons. The common room became peaceful now that there was barely anyone. The majority of the time Draco and his friends hang out in their room, and everyone else stayed to themselves. She found herself sitting on the Lether couch, with the fireplace on, reading one of her spell books and eating her pudding. A Christmas tree stood in the corner of the common room with streamers and lights strung around the room. It wasn't Christmassy to what she is used to but these days Amelia has come to dislike the holidays. 

Footsteps distracted her from her book. Looking up she noticed Crabbe, Goyle, and Draco made their way toward her.  

" Wait here. I'll go and get what my father just send me." Draco said to the two before leaving. unknown to Amelia, he sends her a mischievous glare.