58

Eunha sat adjacent to her elder, fingers dancing through her hair as she let out a nervous cough

Eunha sat adjacent to her elder, fingers dancing through her hair as she let out a nervous cough. If her Aunt Byul was this adamant and serious in talking to her, then it wouldn't be that joyful.

"So, you're aware of the mate connection right?"

She felt a lump form in her throat, she had learned a bit about it during her elementary days. Why they taught that to kids ages 7 to 11 she had absolutely no idea.

"Uhm yes, a bit"

Byul let out a huff as she closed her eyes, taking a sip from glass of water that was conveniently placed in front of her.

"You're aware of the legend, correct?"

Eunha nodded her head as she recalled the fairytale told to every werewolf alive. She doubts there's one of her kind to live without knowing the story.

The story went that werewolves were created from two halves, and the two halves would search their whole life search for each other. Or as others would say, it was the typical soulmate bond.

But most would never find theirs, two particular wolves have fallen for each other so much so that the halves they were supposed to love and search for all their lives-became someone they hated and despised. However the soulmate bond was stronger, the two wolves did everything but in was in vain. With nothing else to turn to, the pair chose death.

Moved and mostly amused by their antics the Moon Goddess gave her blessing so that werewolves can freely chose who their mate would be; no more were born with the bond of their original halves, on the condition that most of them would never find peace and happiness.

"The moral of the story was that, for her entertainment the goddess gave everyone a chance to find who they really love..."

Eunha paused as she let out a sigh, once again questioning the sanity of werewolves and why they shattered children's dreams so early.

"But they would never really find happiness, whether it would be with eachother, with their lives or some other things"

"Yes, but there are rare cases of wolves who are born still connected to their original half"

"Was I born with it? Is this why you're telling me Aunt Byul?"

The elder woman let out an amused giggle, standing up from her position before moving next to Eunha. She brought the girl into an embrace before parting and holding her hands.

"Such a smart girl...yes you were"

"Why are you telling me only now?"

"Your parents are afraid that people would go after you"

Eunha brows crunched together, opting not to ask why and what were they so afraid off, afterall it was in the legend that wolves who found their original halves became stronger than others. Instead she opted for a different question.

"How do I find him?...or her?"

"Well the first sign in they smell like specific flowers"