Picture Perfect

[A/N: Hello! This one is a bit different than the chapters previous. This is a "yandere" inspired chapter, and I've never written anything like it before, so I hope it's accurate and to your liking. Also, this chapter switches quickly between (Y/N)'s POV and Steven/Marc's. Let me know if there are any areas that I can improve in! -K 🖤]
***
[Being Steven's best friend has its perks, and falling in love with him was bound to happen. However, Steven behind closed doors, has become obsessed with his best friend, and Marc has become dangerously possessive.]
[Word Count: 2853]

[🌙This chapter contains swearing, violence, and sexual insinuations/references.🌙]
***
"So hypothetically, you're saying that Alexander the Great could out-rap Leonidas if they ever battled it out?" I giggled, watched Steven from across the couch use his hands to explain his side of the discussion.

He chuckled and exclaimed, "Yes! Alexander the Great was a Macedonian and trained both physically and mentally. Leonidas was a Spartan, who was powerful only because of his military training. Alexander is definitely more intelligent and could certainly outwit Leonidas if needed!" He stated, chuckling as I held my stomach in laughter.

We had been conversing on his sofa for the past three hours, our remnants of the Chinese takeout still displayed on the coffee table. Our conversation had ranged from movies to books, even conspiracy theories, and now hypothetical rap battles between notable historical features.

"Steven! Have you watched 300? Leonidas could just kick Alexander out of the way!" I covered my mouth to conceal my overflowing laughter as I leaned back onto the cushions.

He was my best friend. I had known him for two years as I was a consistent patron at the museum that he faithfully worked at.

But I found myself returning to the museum more often, and it wasn't for the tours or the cheap memorabilia. Just thinking about Steven had my heart racing and butterflies furiously wreaking havoc in my stomach.

Sometimes my mind would race at night, filling my thoughts with provocative suggestions and embarrassing desires for him.

But I would never tell him.

"I haven't watched it. We'll have to make an evening of it soon." He suggested, his brown eyes observing me as my chuckles as the imaginative situation died down.

We silently beheld each other in his dimly lit apartment, the only sound being the constant humming of Gus' fish tank. Steven was facing me as he rested his back against the armrest, and I was mimicking his relaxed position.

A blush crept up my face as he swiftly licked his bottom lip. "Y-yeah! Um..." I cleared my throat, attempting to focus on the conversation at hand and not my rampaging thoughts. "When do you want to hang out again?"

He squinted his eyes and pondered for a moment. "I have to run some errands in the afternoon tomorrow, but I'm free in the evening, yeah." He suggested, internally eager and anticipating that he would be able to share another night of long conversations and close proximity with me in his apartment.

I nodded with a excited smile and considered my plans for tomorrow evening, which would be Saturday night. "Oh, yes, that sounds-" My cheery acceptance faltered and my grin faded, remembering what I had previously accepted to do a few days beforehand. "I'm sorry, Steven. I can't tomorrow."

The hell? We always spend Saturday nights together. We need her to be here every night.

Steven ignored Marc's pissed interruption of his thoughts. "Not tomorrow? What's happening tomorrow?" He inquired, not wanted to display any hint of extreme concern or disappointment that he felt.