Hospital Hate

"GET YOUR GORGEOUS ASS BACK IN THAT BED BEFORE I SPANK IT!" I demanded, my index finger pointing towards the empty hospital bed.

"We both know I'm not the one who takes the spankings." Xavier smirked back, hobbling with his IV drip in his hand as he shuffled across the tiled floor.

"And... I'm out." Leo says, holding his hands up in disgust, releasing me from his hug.

"Me too, before I throw something." Luca grumbled, being dragged out of the room by Leo.

"Finally!" Xavier smirked, "we're alone."

"Get your ass back in that bed!" I ordered, my glare set on the man before me.

"Since when do you order me around?" He challenged, taking, what can only be described as old man shuffles, towards me.

"Since you decided you wanted to wander around, injuring yourself more, so I'll be wheeling you around in a wheel chair for the rest of your life." I resorted.

"Fine." Xavier whined, flopping down on the fancy ass mattress the hospital provided private patients with.

"Come here." Xavier begged, a sad look on his face.

"What's wrong?" I cooed as I took a seat on his lap, brushing his fast growing jet black hair away from his face.

"I'm fucking useless that's what!" He shouted, his tone pissy and disruptive.

"I want to go outside! I want to get out of this bed! I want to be able to take a fucking piss without the help of one of your brothers!" He ranted, sadness dripping from his tone.

"But you need help." I said in a sympathetic tone, "it's okay to ask for help after all the surgeries you've had."

He gave me a deadpanned look, "Luca saw my dick when he held me up."

A small chuckle escaped my lips, fighting the smile etching onto my face.

"Don't you dare." He warns.

"I'm not." I said, my voice strained.

"Liviana."

"X-Xavier." I managed to squeak, before laughter bellowed from between me smiling lips.

The dead look of horror and embarrassment on his face as he told me that, killed me.

"Shut up." He playfully whined, dropping his head down in annoyance.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry." I told him, kissing his forehead, a few chuckles still escaping my bared lips.

"No you're not." He sighed, giving out a little 'humph' as he crossed his arms on his chest.

"No, I'm not." I smiled, "But seriously, don't overwork your self. I want you fully healed."

His hand reached up and held my cheek, allowing me to relax into his hold. I wrapped my arms around his waist, resting my head into the crook of his neck.

His own arms wrapped around my lower waist, stroking up and down my back as he kissed my forehead.

"I love you cariño." He mumbled into my hair. Darling.

This is one of the things that I love about Xavier.

No matter his mood, or his temper, or his opinions, he's never angry at me. He never takes it out on me, just tells me his problems in his little, important rants. Because he knows I'll always be hear to listen, hear to help him through whatever he has an issue with.

For years, that all we could do.

No date nights.

No moonlight walks.

No cuddling up while watching a movie with a bowl of popcorn.

All we could do was discuss our issues and come to a resolution together. For weeks, Ian and Callie were kept in the cell beside us; a concrete wall separating us.

We only saw each other once a week, till there was too many captives in the warehouse that they had to throw the four of us in one cell. Which was roughly six months before we escaped.

"I love you too, mon amour." I whispered, kissing the open spot of his neck that I could reach from my head position. My love

I remember as a young child, Theo would read me, Lou and Jo to sleep with stories of princesses and unicorns. We'd spent an hour every night reading in the living room before our mum, dad and Theo would carry us upstairs for bed.

I always wanted to be one of the princesses in those stories. I wanted it so bad I went through a phase where I refused to wear anything besides princess dresses and tiaras.

But when Lou and Jo passed, I hated everything about princesses.

It reminded me of the stories Theo would read us. Of the dresses I passed down to them. The cakes we would decorate with unicorns and rainbows.

Of the car seat Jo sat in, the one that held her limp body.

The one that was stained a crimson despite being purchased pink.

But...with Xavier.

As cringe and cliché as it sounds, Xavier makes me feel like the only princess in the world.

An innocent girl who is showered by love and respect from all those around her.

And after so many years of being traumatised and smashed into a shell of who I was; I needed to fell like that innocent little girl again.

To be free from all the horrors of my past.

Free from death and destruction.

And open to love and life that I haven't experienced since a very young age.

"I'll talk to the doctor, see if I can get you an early discharge." I told him, butterflies fluttering in my stomach at the sight of his grateful smile.

"Thank you cariño." Darling