Third party Pov (26)

One week later...

It became a no-brainer at school that Eric Hat and Emma Eric are in a relationship. Such beautiful news didn't go past the students. Presently everyone is gushing over them as they arrive hand in hand through the hallway.

With Emma looking her best and Eric smiling from ear to ear, stealing kisses from his girlfriend.
Bystanders throw congratulations here and there, some love-struck teenagers beside their lockers cooed after them and it just seemed like the best thing to have happened to them.

But not everyone was happy with the news_ Einstein.

For one, he didn't get how a night of horror for him turned into the beginning of a romantic story for his brother and Emma after realizing it was the same night he lost the racing game they began dating.

"Don't tell me you're still thinking of her bro?" Philip whispered in his ear when he noticed Einstein's keen stare at Emma while she took her seat in class but not before giving Eric a peck at the door.

"They're both so shameless" he stated stabbing his poor pen on a notebook placed before him.

"No, they're not, you're pathetic. You are jealous of your brother for taking the girl you love from him" Phil goaded in mockery.

"If you say that word one more time Phil, I promise you'll regret it. I don't feel a thing for that low life" Einstein said facing him.

"And why would Einstein be jealous of his brother over that local hamster?" Shania joined the conversation filling an empty seat beside Einstein.

"Because for obvious reasons he's always seen Eric as a threat to getting his way with girls" Phil interjected as a matter of fact.

"That's not true, I'm telling from rumors and experience, that every girl in school wants to have Stein, Eric's the second choice"

"You must have stooped so low then?" Phil goaded her.

"What?!"

"Dating a second choice"

"We weren't a thing!" She muttered, pissed.

"Oh, so the rumors were true then? That you were just whoring yourself at him then"

"I was not! We were just having fun that's all."

"I guess you can't have fun with the other twin then, seeing that he's very stoic" Phil chuckled maliciously knowing his intention to rattle Shania was working.

"I don't need him to make a move at me, I get what I want when I want to" she claimed confidently.

"Oh really?"

"Yeah, Stein isn't my type, or else_"

"Would you f**k off my ear Shania? then go meet your type" Einstein finally reacted, hating the fact that he was being discussed like he wasn't there.

It was after the teacher walked in that Shania disappeared from his side, Phil took up the space.

><{{{(•>

A great number of students were unsettled for the game. Everywhere was rowdy. Some players were warming up on the grass while the rest stayed in their changing room.

Einstein was on the field with a few players from his school getting ready for the match. He wasn't a footballer, but he adored watching his school play. Knowing how tactical they can be on ground made him feel positive about today's game.

He kept practicing some leg kicks while he waited for the full team to gather for a little pep talk with their coach whose absence was quite noticable.

Einstein sighted Eric by the side wall with Emma, they both seemed aloof of their environment. Eric whispered something funny to her making her face turn red and she bit her plump lips in response.