Chapter 2: What am I?

"Uh-", Rapunzel looked almost anxious, but curious as she stared at me. The two people who were arguing behind her stopped to stare at me too.
I was feeling anxious as well, I didn't like how everyone was staring at me like I was a science experiment gone wrong.
Then again, maybe I was.
"Come with me Y/n, Varian, you too. I think I may have something you need to see." Rapunzel said, walking past the guards and holding the door open for us.
Still holding onto Varian, we step into the castle and my oh my it just got bigger as you walked inside.
It looked endless, endless corridors, hallways, rooms, it was spectacular.
"So, where'd you come from?" A male voice asked.
I glanced to the side only to see that guy who the overly groomed hair staring at me.
"I-I'm not sure. I don't remember." I said, looking down.
I tried racking my brain for any sort of memory, anything at all that would make me remember something.
"Hey, it's ok. I don't remember where I came from either. Besides, everybody has those days. Like yesterday, I couldn't find my favorite comb, 15 minutes later blondie points out it was in my hand the whole time!" The guy laughs.
"Who's blondie?" I whispered to Varian.
"I think it's Rapunzel's nickname." Varian replied.
"Nickname? What's a nickname? I asked.
"Not funny? Ok I get it." I heard the guy awkwardly say before catching up with Rapunzel and the other girl.
"It's like a short name or a completely new name that you say in the place of that person's original name. For example, the girl over there, Cassandra. Her friends call her cass, short version of her name. For Rapunzel, it's blondie. New name replacing original name. Do you understand?" Varian asked.
"Yeah! They sound like fun!" I replied.
"Eugene? Can you help with the door?" Rapunzel asks the guy as we reach these two big doors.
"Sure sunshine." Eugene replied.
Both going on either side of the two doors, they slowly but surely open them, reveling what looked to be an artifact room.
"What is this place?" I asked, finally letting go of Varian's hand. My hand suddenly felt cold without his warmth, but right now I was finally getting answers.
"This is the artifact room! And where we'll be finding out exactly what you are." Rapunzel said. She walked around, mumbling to herself. She flipped through books, looked through scrolls, until finally, she let out an "AHA!" sound.
Everyone gathered around her as she blew the dust off the scroll.
"There was a moonstone and a sunstone yes, but recently I found a third scroll about the heartstone." Rapunzel explained.
"The heartstone?" I asked. The name immediately felt familiar on my lips, but what did it mean?
"The heartstone was made from the moonstone and the sunstone. A small bit from each stone creating its power from when it was created thousands of years ago. The problem was that there was a malfunction in the process. Something triggered the heartstone to discombobulate and recombine into a being. The scroll said it would take years before the stone would finally turn human, its heart being made from the stone itself.
It's said that the heart would grant the being the power to control the emotions of those around them based on their emotions that they're feeling at that time, and eventually they could control emotions just by touching the person and feel their emotions too."
Here's the incantation but I can't read it. The scroll explains that only the being made from the stone can. And that's where it ends." Rapunzel finished. She handed me the scroll and I looked it over myself.
"I'm a stone?!" I gasped, somehow reading through the language as if it was my own.
"Maybe, I'm not sure yet. Try singing the incantation." Rapunzel suggests.
I look over the scroll again, flabbergasted.
It had a pink tint to its edges, showing pictures of the stone being formed by the two other stones and a person emerging from the stone.
I looked further down, finding the incantation.
At first all I saw were scribbles, but then the runes rearranged themselves, allowing me to read the incantation perfectly.
I started to sing.
(This is in the tune of the other two incantations btw!)
"Love found deep within,"
My eyes glowed as I sang.
"Grant me your great strength."
Wind coming from nowhere started blowing through as my bare feet rose from the ground, my heart glowing from my chest, looking like a perfectly cut oval stone.
"Help me share a love that's bright, a love so bright."
I finished, the wind vanishing, my eyes returning to their normal color, my feet landed on the ground, I was gasping as if I held in my breath the whole time.
"Wow, you're a stone." The girl, Cassandra said.
"Cass!" Rapunzel scolded.
"No, no. It's fine. All this time I just remembered being trapped in a black void. Turns out it was just me still being formed into a human being." I said, a single tear falling down my face.
"Goodness, we really need to teach you how to control your powers." Varian said, tears slowly falling down his face as he put his hand on my shoulder.
"Sorry!" I laughed a bit, wiping my own tears away.
"Now that we know what you really are. In a way, I'm kind of like your big sis. You were made from half of my stone. My powers came from the sunstone. I was born because of the sunstone." Rapunzel said, almost smugly as she wrapped her arm around my shoulders.
"Sister?" I asked.
"Mhm. It means that I'm gonna take care of you. Assuming you have nowhere to go." Rapunzel said.
"No, I guess I don't." I mumbled to myself.
"It's gonna be ok Y/n, living in a castle is fun!" Eugene tried to cheer me up.
"Were her eyes always pink?" Cassandra noticed, kneeling down in front of me and tilting her head. I looked at her confused until everybody joined her. All of them staring at me again.
"No, her eyes used to be c/e, I guess by singing the incantation, Y/n's powers have fully awakened." Varian said.