Chapter 3

[The Next Day]

(No way! I'm not ready! Why did I even decide to do this?) You thought to yourself as you stood in the hallway near where you thought Choco Ball's classroom was. You were holding one of the four tickets the dance instructor gave you to invite anyone you wanted. Of course, everyone in the team got some, but you were a bit lost on who to give yours to. You gave some to your parents and your little sibling, but you didn't know who to give your last one to. Now you knew who it would be, if he accepted it, and you were nervous.

There was still a good amount of time before classes started, so you hoped Choco Ball would arrive in time for you to be able to give him the tickets and make it back to class on time. Almost every minute you checked the time since you were so nervous. It felt like every second lasted a few minutes. You were seriously thinking about just heading back to class and passing the ticket over to Cherry Ball so she could give it to him. Uggh. Why, just why, did you let both her and Popping Candy convince you to try to talk to him yourself?

After a few more minutes of agonizing waiting, you decided just to leave and ask Cherry Ball to give it to him. Her and Choco Ball were good friends, so you had no worries about the ticket getting to him. And besides, just standing there waiting for Choco Ball was suffocating. You just wanted to walk over to your class and hopefully clear your head about this entire thing.

You sighed as you turned around and walked down the hallway. You knew you weren't ready to talk to Choco Ball just yet. Still, you couldn't help but look down at the ticket in your hands. It's really as simple as saying a couple words then walking away, so why does it feel so hard?

You were so caught up in your thoughts that you didn't realize you were heading straight towards someone else. Unfortunately, they weren't paying attention either, and the two of you collided into each other.

You let out a surprised gasp as you were knocked to the ground, dropping the ticket you had in your hands.

"Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry! I wasn't looking where I was going!" You said to the person you bumped into as you looked around for where the ticket was.

"Hey, it's no problem. I wasn't looking either, so sorry about that too I guess." The other person said. As soon as they spoke, you froze. You recognized that voice. After all, it was a voice you fell in love with. You looked up at the person you bumped into, and your heart started racing upon seeing who it was.

You ended up bumping into Choco Ball, literally at that.

You could feel yourself start heating up upon seeing him on one knee, reaching his hand out to help you up. For a second, you forgot about the ticket and shyly took his hand, letting him help you up. Wow, not only were you right in front of Choco Ball, but he even held your hand and helped you up. Your heart felt like it was about to burst right out of your chest. Was this really happening, or were you dreaming? If this was a dream, you didn't want to wake up.

"Hm, did you end up dropping this?" Choco Ball asked, pulling you out of your thoughts. Shyly, you looked over to him picking up the ticket from the ground and holding it out to you.

"N-n-n-no it's ok! Y-you can keep it!" You nervously said hiding your face in your hands.

"Really? Are you sure? It's your ticket after all."

"Y-yeah! I was thinking about who to give it to anyways!"

"Well, if you insist I guess."

"YeahIreallyhopeyoucancomebutIhavetogonowbye!" With that, you ran off towards your class, not even bothering to wait for a response. You didn't need to check a mirror to know your face was bright red. Choco Ball not only acknowledged your existence, but even talked to you and helped you up after all! You were more surprised you didn't tap out right then and there.

Upon arriving at your class, you tried hiding your red face as best as you could manage with your two hands and quickly made your way over to your seat next to Popping Candy.

"Hey Y/n! How did it- Whoa! Your face is bright red! Is everything ok?" Popping Candy asked you as you sat down.

"Y-yeah. I'll let you know as soon as I calm down." You replied.

"Calm down? Did everything go ok? Were you able to give him the ticket?"

"W-well. I might've accidentally bumped into him and got super nervous and spoke really fast and- uggh I made such a fool of myself!" You let your head fall onto the table in your own arms, overflowing with embarrassment.

"Whoa, Y/n it's ok!" Popping Candy said as he patted your back. "Look at it this way, you were able to talk to him and give him the ticket! Even if it was a little awkward you still did it!"

"True but at what cost? I still made myself look like an idiot! No way he'll want to come now..."

"That's not true! He still saw you perform yesterday, and he's probably heard about you through Cherry Ball. I think he'll come Y/n!"

"Hggh, if he does I hope I don't embarrass myself again..."

"You won't Y/n, as long as you forget he's there you should be fine!"

"If I know for certain he would be there I wouldn't be able to think straight all day. I think I'll just have to stick with not knowing so I can actually think straight before the competition."

"Ah, well, you'll be amazing either way! I know it!"

"Thanks Popping. Oh class is about to start, let's tell Cherry Ball about what happened at lunch."

"Sounds good to me!"