Lavender [Part Two]

[Marc promised a romantic date in the late hours of the night, but Steven has other plans.]
[Word Count: 3410]
***
Marc's warm hand encased mine as we walked in comfortable silence through the somewhat empty streets of London. It was almost 1:30 A.M., and because of my engagement with Steven's misguided tactics of attempting to stay awake, I was more than fatigued and struggling to keep up.

"Marc," I quietly pleaded, pulling onto his hand softly, "Will you slow down a little? My legs aren't as long as yours." His determined face softened and he looked down to me, slowing his gait to a comfortable speed that didn't make me feel like I was sprinting just to keep his pace.

I was also holding a full bouquet of roses that Marc had stashed in the apartment for me, only revealing it after we had left because he had shoved it under his jacket to prevent me from seeing.

His thumb rubbed across my knuckles tenderly. "Baby, are you sure you want to stay out still? I can see that you're practically falling asleep. Y'know what? I'm going to push Steven down the stairs or something. What he did was really inconsiderate to you. To us."

I chuckled and released his hand, now holing onto the muscle of his bicep. "Yeah, I want to stay out. It means that I'm with you. And please, dont push him down the stairs, and no," I glared into his cross face, "...absolutely no physical harm to him, Marc. I'm serious."

He sighed, slightly picking up his pace. "He shouldn't have tried to front for so long. We were already to have supposed to have been back home by now and possibly already..." His words trailed off as he resumed his walking, turning us down another lamp-illuminated street.

"Already what, Marc?" I questioned, wondering what we'd be doing at one in the morning if we weren't already out exploring the streets.

His face angled down towards me and he sent a mischievous smirk towards me, accompanied by a devilish wink.

"Marc Spector!" I gasped and playfully slapped his chest, hearing his baritone chuckle follow. My other hand with my bouquet rest against my chest, securing myself to him further as I clutched his bicep with the other.

He was right though.

Our combined laughter and soft spoken words of adoration echoed through the empty streets as Marc resumed to guide us, determined as if he were following a plan. He led us to a familiar park and ushered me down an obscured path, releasing me t help guide me from behind.

"Marc." I whispered, finding it especially difficult to see in the increasing darkness. His hands found my waist as I jumped slightly, feeling uncomfortable on the trail, not used to being here at night.

"I'm right here, baby. I've got you. Just follow the path." He stated, making me feel slightly better and resting a hand on my back as we continued to trek together, now side-by-side. 

We quietly walked, finishing the path and into a field, now trudging through the silent part in the earliest hours of the morning, feeling like rebellious teenagers that had snuck out of the house to be with each other secretively.

"What are we doing here, Marc?" I inquired and tried to make my breathing sound normal, remembering him mentioning that he was going to be searching for a restaurant near our apartment.

"Well..." He began, turning towards me and continuing his steps backwards, "Because I assumed everything was closed, I asked Khonshu for a little bit of help." He grinned, his eyes full of adoration and affection.

When he stepped out of my view, I covered my mouth in surprise. In the middle of one of the vast fields that a sporting event would be held, were several blankets spread out in a colorful arrangement. I eagerly stepped closer, amazed to find an array of fresh fruits and foreign delicacies that we never would have been able to get in London, especially this late in the evening.