Chapter 6

N O V A

The cab drove in the highways seeing the beautiful Brooklyn bridge light away during a beautiful night like this. This is the reason why I love NYC.

Nobody can ever get bored of this place, the city can't loose it's beauty. I've lived here my entire life and everytime I see it, it leaves me in awe and admire the beautiful view.

Yea I'd like to see other places but for now this city is home.

I laid back in my seat as 'Empire State Of Mind' kept on playing at this perfect moment but really when isn't it a good time to play this song.

"Don't you kids got school tomorrow?" The cab driver asked.

"Yes" I answer without a problem.

"So what you doing out at this time on a school night?" he asked as his eyes were still on the rode.

"Living every single bit of the young life" my eye lid started to close and all I could hear was the driver scoff a chuckle.

"Kids" he murmured shaking his head.

Soon I felt my head fall into Shawn's shoulder and fell asleep.

S H A W N

I know that we just met
Maybe this is dumb
But it feels like there was something
From the moment that we touched
'Cause, it's alright, it's alright
I wanna make you mine

The lyrics to the beginning of Kid In Love popped into my mind as she feel asleep on my shoulder.

Want to make her mine?

It's weird how she just trusted me instantly as I came into the café late at night. I laid my head on top of her head.

"You two dating?" The cab driver asked.
"No" I chuckled.
"Mmhh" he chuckled as well.

"You should" he added.
"I'll be leaving to L.A tomorrow for the start of my tour" I informed him.
"Does she know?" He asked.
"We just met I don't think it'll affect her" I said truthfully.
"That's what we say.."
"What do you mean?" I asked a bit confused as we stopped at a red light.

He turned around to face me.

"You might say it won't affect you, but in the end it'll always end the opposite way" he looked at me straight in the eye.

The lights turned green and he began driving us to our destination.

"Did you lose someone?" I asked curiously.

He stayed quiet.

"Yea, I was being selfish; thinking in my myself saying she'll always come back, she can't live without me" he explained in a weak voice but cleared his throat.

Is that how Victoria is thinking?

"Point is don't let her go even if you two aren't together" he informed.

I looked at the girl that I just met a three hours ago. I don't know how I honestly feel about her.

Minutes later we were here at our destination.

"How much?" I asked the driver unbuckling my seat belt.

"$23.50" he answered. I paid him with $40 dollars.

"It's only $23?"
"I know keep the change, thanks for the advice" I gave him a friendly smile.

Then lightly shakes Nova to walk up. Her eyes opened and looked around.

"How mu--"
"I already paid" I cut her off.
"What?"
"Hurry or he'll kick us out" I said.

The cab driver chuckled.

"You two be safe tonight" he yelled out as we got out.

"Again thank you" I waved and he drove off.

"Why did you pay? This is my treat" she crossed her arms.

"Cause I'm a gentleman" I mimicked her words from when I opened the door for her. She just grinned at me.

"Now where are we?" I looked around.
"It's around the corner" she pointed out.
"More walking" I whined.
"Oh man up!" She grabbed my hand and began walking soon we were behind a building where it smelled awful.

"Sorry about the smell" she said and searched behind a dumpster for something.

I covered my nose with my sleeve.

"Ah ha! Oh tio" she giggled.

She went to the door and unlocked it and held it open for me to come in.

I went up a couple of stairs and held the door so she could walk in first and closed the door behind me where it locked instantly.

"Where are you?" I whispered since it was dark.
"Everywhere" she laughed.
"Ha Ha! Nice one" I laughed slightly.

"You ready?" She asked.
"As long as some lights come on then yes I'm ready" I said and she chuckled and finally some lights came on.

"My uncle owns this place" she said proudly.
"Basically as a little monster I grew up here when my mom was working"

I stayed in awe. This place was heaven.

"Is this real life?" I asked.

Hearing her beautiful laugh.

N O V A

Seeing his reaction made me feel happy and accomplish. He looked ecstatic.

He looked adorable.

Did I really just say that?

I can't help it, Sam might've actually been right. He is a cutie. Oh Sam how she's always right.

Damn her.

____________

Edited // Published May 9, 2015