09. 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔲𝔭𝔰𝔦𝔡𝔢 𝔡𝔬𝔴𝔫

The door to the gymnasium flew open to reveal Stanley, stomping over to the Party who were all sat down on the bleachers

The door to the gymnasium flew open to reveal Stanley, stomping over to the Party who were all sat down on the bleachers. Joyce and Hopper had gone off to get Will back from the Upside Down, leaving the others at the school. He bit the inside of his cheek, holding his hands to his hips as his eyes darted around the hard, polished floor beneath him, preparing himself to tell the kids some not-so-good news.

"Jonathan and Nancy left." Stanley exclaimed, slapping his hands to the jean fabric against his thighs. Y/n sat up from where she was on the bleachers leaned beside Bradley, her eyebrows furrowing and her eyes filling with uncertainty.

"They left us?" She scoffed, catching a glimpse of Mike who looked just as confused as she did. She didn't even really know what to say. Of course, they all still had Stanley who would definitely do whatever he could to protect them all but still, how could they just leave them here without saying a word?

"They said something about killing the monster and then they just left." Stan explained, sitting down right next to Bradley and leaning back on the set of seats behind them.

Y/n shot to her feet, making fast hand gestures, "We have to go after them!" She told them, looking to the guys who were all giving her looks with mixed emotion.

Mike stood up with her, "She's right! This is crazy. We can't just wait around." He flared his nostrils a bit, his eyebrows knitting together as he spoke.

Lucas scoffed, shaking his head as he sat up in his seat a bit, "In case you forgot, we're still fugitives. The bad men are still looking for us." He reminded them all, his voice dripping with a tad bit of aggression.

"Okay, okay, okay." Stan jumped up, waving his hands in the air to try to signal them to be quiet, "As the adult here, I say that we're staying right here until Joyce and Hopper get back." He demanded, peering between each of the kids one by one.

"Okay, I get that but what if the bad men find us and we're just sitting here like live bait?" Dustin spoke up, his voice gradually getting more and more panicked as the sentence went on.

"Exactly!" Mike and Y/n told them in unison, their eyes a bit wide as they looked towards Dustin.

"The first thing that we need to do is let El recharge." Bradley piped up, all eyes turning to him. He looked completely sure of what he was saying, "If the bad men or even the Demogorgan find us and both of us aren't recharged enough then we all have almost no chance." His voice was soft and quiet yet it seemed to fill the entire room.

They all knew he was right.

>>>

Y/n plopped down onto the bleachers, shoving a spoonful of chocolate pudding into her mouth. Dustin had found a bunch of pudding to help El recharge and they all were digging in. Brad sat down right next to her, them being the only two in the room.