xvi. too much to handle

CHAPTER SIXTEEN·

CHAPTER SIXTEEN
·.¸¸.·♪♫ mr perfectly fine ♫♪·.¸¸.·

REECE MADE HER WAY BACKSTAGE. It was finally time for act two and she began to grow more and more excited. She'd gotten over her nerves, as she'd already performed Chosen Last which people loved.

Steph, one of the dancers, told her Carlos needed her backstage and she could see why. She stopped dead in her tracks as she saw the scene before her. There, in the dressing room, sat EJ Caswell in Troy Bolton's jersey with Ashlyn beside him. "Ok, where is the body?" She asked crossing her arms.

The Caswells look at her, "I didn't kill Ricky, Reece." EJ said.

Reece was unconvinced, "Right," she winked as she dragged out the word. "You can trust me, Caswell, I watch Criminal Minds so I know exactly what to do and what not to do."

Ashlyn had a shocked/scared expression on her face. EJ, on the other hand, remained neutral as he'd heard that line many times before. When they were dating Reece watch the show religiously, meaning he did as well. She had gotten really good at figuring out the unsub, as well as (like she said) knowing what to do and what not to do.

"Wait, if you're Troy, then who's playing Chad?" Ashlyn asked as Carlos came in with a Wildcats jersey in his hands.

"Reece, perfect! I need you to put this on." Carlos handed her the jersey.

Reece looked at him with a stunned expression, "I- I'm sorry what? Carlos, I can't play Chad, I'm already Kelsi."

"Yes, you can, and you must." He insisted. "Kelsi doesn't come on for a while, and everything will be fine."

"Why me?"

Carlos sighed, not understanding why the girl was being so difficult, "Because every rehearsal, since Thanksgiving, you've been mouthing everyone's lines and you've never messed up."

Reece left out a deep sigh, "Fine," she grabbed the jersey from his hands. "But, you owe me." She made her out of the dressing room and into one of the bathroom stalls across the hall.

She quickly changed into the costume and made her way out of the bathroom where she saw EJ waiting for her. He looked her up and down, trying not to laugh. "Stop it." She said firmly.

"What?" He smiled, biting back a laugh that was bound to come out.

"EJ, if you laugh I swear I'll kill you." She pointed her finger at him. He let out a laugh but quickly shut his mouth as Reece began to smack him lightly. "Shut up."