⟨21⟩

after school,
New Rochelle, NY
Liegth Mansion
_______________________

Landon waved off Justin and Kaleb as the car drove away before closing the front door and sighing as he hung up his keys.

"Good, you're back. We need to talk with you." Ash signaled for Landon to follow him into the living room, which the teen did.

"Where's Ace?" Landon frowned, noticing both Ash and Light were present but the blond wasn't.

"He's picking your brother up from school." Ash answered, sitting down on the couch beside Light.

"Oh. Well, what do you need to talk about?" Landon asked, awkwardly sitting down across from them.

"We need to talk about your recent activities. You've been lying, going out past curfew, staying the night out without telling us." Light started.

"Going out past curfew? I'm 18! I'm a legal adult, why the hell do I still have a curfew?" Landon asked as he felt his face turn hot from how mad he was getting.

"I don't care how old you are, as long as you're living here, you will have a curfew." Light said sternly, which Ash didn't seem to agree with but didn't oppose.

"You're the one that wanted me to stay here until I'm done with college! I could live on campus, I don't even want to be here!" Landon yelled, defensive of his freedom.

"Landon, calm down. We're supposed to be having a conversation, not an argument." Ash interrupted, looking over at his husband.

Landon huffed, crossing his legs, I just need to remain calm before I say something I'll regret.

"You're right. You've been lying, that's the main problem. If you're lying about where you've been, what else are you lying about?" Light frowned at him.

Landon gasped, partially offended his father didn't trust him.
"I'm not lying about where I am, I just- figured it wasn't necessary to tell you." he added the last part in a low voice.

"What? Why would it not be necessary?" Light pursed his lips in disapproval at the redhead.

"Because I thought you would already know. I know you've seen the marks, I don't think it's that big of a stretch." he mumbled in response.

"With Kim Ryojin?" Light raised an eyebrow as Ash cracked his knuckles, "For 16 hours that's where you were?" Landon's eyes went wide, 16 hours??

"I-" Landon shook his head, now he couldn't fault his parents for being worried. Especially since he was out earlier yesterday with Ryojin too.

"I'm sorry, I didn't realize I was gone for so long. We went on a date and then- well I guess I don't have to tell you what happens after dates." he replied, running a hand through his hair.

Light sighed, "I'm not mad Landy, I just want to know you're okay. I get it, heat of the moment and you forget sometimes. But you've got to let us know you're okay."

"We don't know this guy. For all we know, he could be a murderer or a kidnapper or something." Ash shrugged, giving ridiculous examples until Light shot him a look.