88

Stefani's pov

Again with the flashing cameras?

I shielded Veronica with one arm as I guided her through the paparazzi through the gala to the ballroom of the gathering.

I swear to you, the press should be the only thing that get on my nerves tonight. I better not one encounter even the slightest amount of bullshit.

"Are you alright?" I looked down at her and fixed her up fly aways a bit. Cant get over the fact that her and Rachel took some time on getting ready only to come out looking slightly- well, their makeup and hair didn't look as neat as before Veronica went up there...

Not upset, but shocked given the circumstances of Veronica and Rachel's relationship history.

The last guy didn't even meet her satisfaction and I don't want Veronica to get hurt. But I don't want Rachel getting hurt either with Veronica's uncertainty of committing to another relationship so soon.

A little push of confrontation might help.

I just have to remember to be subtle...

"Lillian's gotta be one lucky lady if you look at her like this and tend to her," she was star struck again.

I sighed tiredly but pleased, "she's lucky to have slapped kent for the hell of it and still managed to get the wedding date moved up as planned."

I slightly back away for us to have some breathing room as we're acquainted to have our coats removed.

I fluffed out my silk black collar and adjusted my sleeves elbow length as my Rolex watch shimmered wherever my right wrist moves.

Oh grey dress pants have never felt this good before.

"Hey Stef?" Veronica's voice was the only thing I was focused on despite all the chattering and the crowd of people..

"Hm?" I took her hand in my arm and we started walking.

"Is it legit about the fake pregnancy scandal for Rachel if all else fails?" She caught my eye.

"Unless there's a better idea, what's your play?" My eyes searched hers and she quickly stared at the ground.

"Um- why not use a truth instead of lie?" She mumbled.

"She's pregnant?" I snatched closer to me and her bottom lip quivered at the sudden closeness between us.

"W-well no," she muttered nervously.

"You've yet to tell me your play," I took her hand in my arm to continue our stroll.

"Me and her have a thing? n-not in a serious relationship way. Maybe we can manipulate the press that I'm magically caught up in Rachel?" Her eyes were glistening.

I shook my head with a smile?

"Rachel, Rachel... What am I going to do. I know of our friendship but are you're clear of mine with Rachel's?" I looked at Veronica with a sincere gaze.

"You two are besties, obviously," she declared.

"Tsk tsk tsk, you're obviously not grasping onto the angle of this conversation," I tried my best not to smirk.

"I know you've had very heartfelt intentions with me and Rachel. Words can't describe the gratitude we feel towards a kind person such as you. You've been a breath of fresh air for the both of us that we're capable of being friends with others without having to worry about being taken advantage of out of our finances," I started and her eyes glistened lingering to every word I spoke.