Thirty-Three

[|]

Jackie's POV

I had made sure to not be in the same place as Lucas after the naked incident. Whenever he came downstairs, I would leave the house and stroll through the hallway and come back a while later then stay in the bathroom. I should probably get used to such because I had a feeling that he would be doing what he did more often and I had to prefer my mind for it.

A knock on the bathroom door made me jerk slightly before I stared at the wooden door.

"Jackie, are you in there? The food is here. Come downstairs, let's eat," came his muffled voice behind the door.

"I'll be right there with you," I replied and stared at my face in the mirror. I exhaled and flushed the toilet to cover up the fact that I was hiding from him then washed my hands and left the bathroom.

I walked over to the wooden steps and saw him setting out the foods on the coffee table. I gulped when my eyes went to his strong back that was hugged by the grey shirt he was wearing. Even his strong legs were a delight underneath the basketball shorts he was wearing.

When he turned around, I stiffened and made my way down the steps. I got close and sat down on the couch beside me then watched as he took out a plastic plate with what I saw was rice mixed with vegetables. My stomach rumbled quietly at the sight of the food as he took out another plastic plate with sushis in it.

"This is yours," Lucas said, offering me the rice which I took.

"Thank you," I said and placed the hot plate on my lap. He took what I recognized as noodles and sat down on the second couch.

"If you want something different, there's more food in the bag," he said and pointed the ends of his chopsticks at the white bag on the table.

I felt my heart warm up at how kind he was. He let me stay at his place now he bought expensive food that I have never bought before or eaten. I was feeling the urge to tear up but held myself back and looked at my food.

"It's okay. I'll manage this one," I replied and he hummed, mouth full of noodles.

We ate in a comfortable silence for thirty minutes before Lucas rose from his couch and went to the kitchen. When he returned, he made a move to pack up the rest of the food but I was quick to rise from my seat and grab the bag, startling him.

"I'll clean up," I said and he blinked.

"You don't have to. I'll do it myself," he said and I shook my head.

"You bought the food so it's logical that I clean up," I said with a frown.

Lucas sighed. "You are stubborn... But okay."

He sat down on the couch and started using his phone then I packed up the items on the table before walking over to the kitchen. Almost everything was modern and a bit foreign to my eyes. I saw no sign of a gas cooker and wondered where he cooked things.

The only thing I recognized were the smooth counters, sink and the large fridge standing against the wall. With a shrug of my shoulders, I cleaned up what I held and joined him in the living room.

"I'm getting tired. I need to sleep," Lucas said and my eyes went wide.

"H-Huh?" I remembered that there was just one room and we had not talked about our sleeping arrangements.