3. 𝓖𝓸𝓸𝓭 𝓶𝓸𝓻𝓷𝓲𝓷𝓰

Last night she had heard everything Veer said

Last night she had heard everything Veer said. But she had waited till he fell asleep to snuggle into his arms.

She knew she was right. She knew that a seperation is the correct choice in this scenario eventhough it was hard for both of them. He had broken Dhwani in a way she never knew someone could.

She has not gotten a good night's sleep in a while. Every night she would dream about it and her guilt would not allow her to sleep.
Veer was like her sleeping pill.

She felt safe in his presence. She didn't fall for the emotionless shrewd business man as people say.  She fell in love with the only person in the world who looked into her eyes and said I see you.

Love was a tricky topic for Dhwani. She always knew it was something magical but not always practical. Never did she ever think that she will find love but she did. Now she was not sure if it was for the good.

For her trust and respect was the foundation of the relationship. She has always respected and trusted him. The feeling was mutual until that incident. The incident that they didn't even think would reach where it was now. He had doubted her that day. Had questioned her virtue. And in that process they had lost something way too valuable.

She was sure she was doing the right thing. If Dhwani Singhania had learnt anything in the 26 years of her life , it's that self esteem and self respect were the first things a woman needed to live in this world.
And if love meant sacrificing it , then it can go down the drain for all she care.

Veer was still asleep when she woke up. She kissed his forehead and went to the washroom to get ready.
Veer rarely slept due to his work load so when he did sleep , he slept heavily.

I came out of the bathroom showered and ready , he was still sleeping like a baby. He looked so free and at peace when he slept. She would stand there and watch his sleeping figure all day but duty wouldn't allow that , now will it ?

She greeted the two house helps , Ramu kaka and Sunita kaki an old couple.  They smiled seeing me enter the kitchen. I smiled at them in return.

Dhwani started making chai for everyone.
After she made it , she asked kaki to take them to Papa ji and dadi ji and then took a cup of chai myself to Veer.
The bed was empty and she could hear the sound of running shower.

She placed the chai on the table beside their bed and took out a suit for him to wear and placed it on the bed.

She knew many people nowadays found these things so unfair and demeaning to a woman.
She supported equality alright.
But she was not doing these things because she was lower than him. She did these because she cared for him.

Mata Lakshmi is always depicted by the feet of Narayan , massaging his legs. Did that mean that Shri Mahalakshmi was any less than Narayan. She was godess of wealth and was luck herself. So the imagery actually showed how even the jagatmata was not ashamed to look after the jagatpita. She was not degrading herself in any aspect. She just increased the respect of all the gods towards her. Afterall , what was Shri Narayan without Sridevi?