Chapter Twenty-Four

~ We do not develop habits of genuine love automatically. We learn by watching effective role models — most specifically by observing how our parents express love for each other day in and day out. ~

"Babe." Alec says shaking me lightly, I groan as I look over at the clock. 5:00. "Babe." Alec says a little louder, I exhale deeply and then I sit up rubbing my eyes. "What's wrong?" I say, I look over at Alec who was standing by the door, bags in hand fully clothed. "There's been a rouge invasion at one of the packs, I have to go." He says walking out the door, I jump out of bed and follow behind him "Go where?" I ask "To the Eastern Evergreen Pack." Alec says putting on his shoes "For how long?" I ask handing him his coat. "I'm not sure babe, Tell the boys I'll bring them back gifts, I love you." He says. "I love you to." I say looking up at him, we share a brief embrace and a passionate kiss and he leaves. I close the door and I head back up stairs, climbing in to my empty bed.

"He's going to be fine." My mom says as she stands over the pot making porridge. "Where did you say he was going?" My dad says walking in with Eli in his arms. "To the Eastern Evergreen pack." I say taking Eli. I look down at him, wow, he is the spitting image of Alec. "Honey isn't that the pack way over the river." My mom says putting some of the porridge in a bowl for Theo. "No sweetheart, you're thinking about the Riverside pack." My dad says taking a sip of his coffee. My mom giggles "Oh right." she says a little embarrassed, she grabs a plastic spoon and hands the bowl to my dad, he puts down his coffee and takes the bowl out of my moms hand. "Here comes the aeroplane." My dad says to Theo who giggles. "The Evergreen pack is a 9 hour drive, to the outskirts of the city, it is a beautiful place, amazing, it's a shame they've got a rouge invasion though." My Grandad says walking in from the living room. "Don't you remember I took your grandmother there on our 50th wedding anniversary" He says looking at my dad, he shakes his head. "You've taken mom to a lot of places. you daft fool." My dad chuckles, My grandad chuckles and then sits opposite my dad. "How long is he gone?" My dad asks asks, his eyes were still on Theo. "I don't know, I guess he'll phone me later." I sigh. I look up at the clock. "I've got a few things to do." I say. "Alright I'll put Theo's shoe's on, you sort out Eli." My dad says as he feeds Theo his last mouthful. "Ill go get their stuff." My mom says walking out. "Oh pumpkin you must stop by our new place, bring Jett aswell you know your Grandma and I miss our little Jett." My grandad says smiling. "I'll pass by once him and Cooper have finished Kindergarten." I say with a smile on my face. "Good, I'll get your grandma to cook your favourite, Cuban Pork chops, I'll also get her to make the boys hamburgers and fries." He says rubbing his stomach. "Well if that's the case then we are all coming, you know how I love mom's Cuban pork chops." My dad says. "No, you're coming for dinner tomorrow right." My Grandad says, my dad chuckles. "Always an excuse with you pops." My dad says lifting Theo out of the high chair. "Oh Peter your worst than the kids." My grandad says chuckling. "Peter you do remember that we have Brenda, Blaine, Basil and Courtney round for dinner." My mom says. My dad huffs "But all you and Brenda do is drink wine and complain about us." My dad says. "Wouldn't blame em son, Your mother and aunt Linda are the same." My Grandad says to my dad. I chuckle. "Dad can you carry Theo to the car?" I say as I walk to my Grandad "I'll be round later Grandpa." I say kissing his cheek, he kisses mine then Eli's, Eli squirms and looks up at him, his eyes flash a light blue, then back to normal. I say my goodbyes to everyone and then I leave.

My dad had put Theo in his seat and I put Eli in his car seat next to him. "Are you gonna be alright with all the kids?" My dad says kissing my forehead. "I'll be fine." I say smiling "Well you know where me and your mother are kid." He says ruffling my hair "dad." I whine while climbing in the car, he chuckles and so do I. "I'll give you a call later hun." He says. I start the engine and I drive off, not before throwing my arm out and giving him a quick wave.