Ch 23- A duel (or is it)

Cedric had been in pure bliss for quite some time after the previous incident.

(In case any of you forgot, Adelaide pecked him

.

.

.

.

.

.

on the cheek)

Cedric was scanning the Gryffindor table; Adele wasn't there yet, but her friends, Harry and Ron. Now that he thought about it, Hermione Granger wasn't there either. Cedric got up and walked over to Harry.

"Um, hey." He said, tapping Harry on his shoulder, causing him to turn around.

"Hey," Harry said, slightly confused.

"Harry, I was wondering if you knew where Adele was?" Cedric asked.

"Adele?" Harry questioned

But after using something that existed within his skull, he came to a conclusion noticing Cedric's embarrassment.

"Er...I haven't seen Addy since potions, no," Harry said, shrugging

"She didn't get in trouble, did she?" Cedric asked anxiously.

"I don't really know. I wasn't there. Wand weighing, remember," Harry said

"Oh yeah. Thanks, anyway," Cedric said and looked up to see Adelaide standing still near the entrance with no intention of coming in.

Cedric was making his way over when a fellow Hufflepuff stopped him. Cedric was too busy watching Adelaide that he didn't actually hear what the sixth-year Hufflepuff was saying.

"Um...earth to Cedric... Ow!" the sixth-year cried as a blond head rushed by.

"Watch it," he said, though the Slytherin just ignored it.

"Cedric...I was saying-"

"Er... James, can I get back to you later on that? I am kind of busy right now," Cedric said hurriedly.

"Oh. No problem. Go ahead," James said

"Thanks," Cedric said as he rushed toward the entrance; Ash had vanished in the small gap. But then he was surrounded by a group of girls this time.

It took a few minutes to get himself out of the huddle. He went outside the Great Hall to see Adelaide standing there, seeming o be contemplating something with a suspicious pink flush on her face.

"Adele!" he called.

     *                                 *                                 *                              *                          

Adelaide was on her way to her private lessons with Snape, and she coincidently was standing near the great hall entrance.

It was just on the way to her lessons.

Yes

It's not like there was a considerably shorter path to reach there

She absolutely did not want to take a peek at a certain someone

Absolutely not!

Moving on, she belatedly realized that Cedric was walking in her direction, thinking about the unrealistic burst of confidence she had earlier that day, her cheeks flushed.