TWENTY-TWO;

The pair had decided as for now, that they wouldn't discuss Max until both of them knew what they were going to do

The tricky part was that Sam had grown rather fond of Max and didn't know if he was ready to let that all go for Eli. As much as he loved Elijah, he wasn't sure if he truly was ready to be completely committed to him, given that the other hasn't ever had a relationship outside of sex.

Sam expressed to Elijah his feelings about Max and while Elijah did see very displeased with the information, he told Samuel it was okay and that he would support his journey.

Being friends for a while, did help the two to understand each other and Eli knew how big the other's heart was and truth be told, he'd be okay with sharing Sam's heart with someone else.

Of course, he'd be lying to say, it didn't hurt him that Sam did grow an entachment to Max, but he knew Max and he was trying to bypass the jealousy, because if it wasn't going to be him at least he could trust Max.

This was going to such a tough conversation to have with Max, but it was going to have to happen. Regardless of if they did it now or later, it wouldn't be easier.

Elijah was use to tough conversations, considering he was constantly in other people's bed. He was kind of scared to give up all that for Sam, he would admit, but he was ready.

He was ready to forget about his fuckboy lifestyle for Sam, who has given Eli of him for years. The thought of hurting Sam anymore than he already has tore him up. Sam was the only person in the world who hasn't given up Elijah.

Therapist has given up, his mom and step father had given up, his friends had given up. They all wanted him to change, when he wasn't ready to. Sam was the only friend he had that didn't want him to change, didn't make him feel like he was just doing everything wrong.

It warmed his heart to know that someone actually liked him for him and not who they wanted him to be.

"Okay, so I texted Max to come over today after school." Sam said, "that we needed to talk."

Elijah shoved the male. "You don't say we need to talk, you idiot! That scares people!"

"Oh shit you're right! I'll add in an 'all good things' with a smiley." Samuel suggested, making Elijah grab the phone.

As Sam reached for the phone, Eli has already sent a message out, handing it back to the smaller. "You really should work on your people skills." Elijah commented, as the asian male read over the text message.

"Pff, my people skills are fine. I only talk to you and relatives, so I don't really need to focus on that. I would like to point out that you texting Max that it involves a possible three-way doesn't exactly help our situation." Sam said, his eyes focused on his phone.

Elijah shrugged, "it will get him there though, plus it's not really a lie."

"Speaking of, I've spent a bit of time looking into if anyone else has dealt with this sort of thing ya know? Turns out, there's a thing where three people date each other!" Sam said, his voice raising a bit at the end, making a few people turn to look at the pair.

The taller nodded "are you referring to a poly relationship?" He asked, in a lower tone so that others wouldn't hear them.

Sam nodded his head fast, his hair moving a bit with it. "Yeah, I didn't want to mention the idea, but after a bit more research it could be a possibility for us. I knew talking to you first, before asking Max would be better, since you would have to agree. I'm sorry if it feels like I'm forcing a lot on you right now with the whole confessing our feelings, me saying I like Max as well and now this. I feel like it's been just so much for you to deal with and I even feel overwhelmed myself. I have even questioned if I'm doing the right thing, if I did the right thin-"

"Stop." Elijah started, "I love you, okay? I'm willing to accept everything as it is and this open communication is very helpful for our forming relationships in the long run. Don't think that for a second you're dropping too much on me, when you're just being open with me. I appreciate it all so much. I appreciate you so much."

"Wait, you love me?" Sam asked.

"Wasn't that obvious?"