Good Bye Elise

-Mean while-
*GUN under water HQ*

"Our Ground HQ air vents were polluted with a deadly toxin poisoning everyone. It wasn't a poison of instant death but rather a slow painful side affect. Our eyes stung and our lungs burned with the filthy air. It was almost near to impossible but we evacuated everyone with only 2 casualties. Two newer troops were found murdered in one of the storage volts." Commander explained while he'd been hooked up to a tank with clean oxygen to flush out the heavy air he'd breathed in from the other HQ.

"You're okay Commander?" Shadow asked watching him suck in deep breaths of the clean air. He nodded holding up a hand to buy him a moment to pause and clear his lungs.
The other troops and various employees out side the room had been coughing and became ill even as they received treatment.

"Among the two bodies the Scepter of Darkness was found broken-" Commander continued only to be be stopped by a horse cough and wheezing.
"The scepter was broken!?" Shadow's quills stood up as he gasped. With out further explanation it was clear to Shadow who the culprit of this sudden disaster was.
Commander Towers seemed only to be getting worse and more of the medical team rushed in the room to try and come to his aid.
Unable to receive any orders from his commander in the condition he'd been put in Shadow left the room taking matters into his own hands; he searched for his team mates. Unfortunately Rouge had been compromised with the poison as well, leaving only Omega to accompany Shadow.

-Mephiles POV-

After my first strike there was no time to rest; as if I wanted to! The castle of Soleana lay before me as I made sure to creep in the shadows of the night. The crescent moon glowed down on the city at the base of the castle. Guards stood night watch all around, but they were blind to my coming. I made it well past the entrance and moved up to the Princess' room as she slept so 'innocently'.
Upon passing more guards and entering her room I found the Princess had gotten married there for now being queen. This meant nothing to me and her whole family she harbors will die! But in what perfect way of death will I make them suffer?

Elise let out a soft sigh turning in her sleep, and I finally got it. With a simple exhale to put out the flames so shall it be for her life. Hahaha!!!

-Elise pov-
"E-Elise." A horse whisper woke me from my light dreams. My eyes fluttered open slowly and I let out a hum of acknowledgement. Suddenly my husband began to fight and his heavy hand came down on my shoulder making me jump and I quickly turned over to see what was wrong. To my horror his face was turning color, and his eyes seemed that of a green eye'd snake as he struggled more.
"I c-can't breath!" He tried speaking his gasps getting shortened and more shallow until he became lifeless and blue.

I began to shake all over wiping my tears that ran down with out my consent. I tried to keep my breathing normally and my stomach churned with not only my nerves but my soon to be baby I carried was stirring from her sleep as well and started to kick around. I raced for the door to call a guard in the room, only I noticed a cloud of dark gray smoke escaping my husbands open mouth.

"Elies" the cloud spoke in a very dark voice I don't know why but it sounded very familiar, "It's been so long, and I sense you have a baby... Killing two birds with one stone." It chuckled taking form in a dark jagged framed hedgehog.
"Who are you!?" I asked backing away but deep down somewhere in a dark void in my mind, I knew what or who this entity was.
"Aw you don't remember? I'm crushed. But then again after you blew out Solaris' flame, time had reset itself and our adventure together was erased from any history books, but you can't deny it still had happened." He came closer.
"Solaris, The flame god of the kingdom... What adventure?" I stumbled back on the baby's future crib.
"It doesn't matter now, I haven't much time to reminisce about a past that was erased from time." He began to melt into a thick smoke, and came towards me. Why weren't any of the guards coming in the room!? Didn't they hear a foreign voice!? The dark cloud leapt at me clouding my vision and literally took my breath away. I began to struggle trying to force in a breath of air but every time I tried it was cut short and pushed from my aching lungs. I tripped on my own feet in my panic as I felt my body start to throb longing for air, the baby not getting her share of breath began to kick wildly, now feeling like I was being beaten from the inside. I tried to crawl to my door tried to yell for somebody anybody that could help. My vision began to shade red the room spun like I was on a carousel. In my last line of sight, who ever this demon that took hold of my body seemed to open a trick door that never existed once showing everything he'd been talking about. A past erased from time, friends I have met but now never knew, Sonic a blue heroic hedgehog and his companion fox Tails and an evil Doctor with flames of disaster. Two other bodies splitting from the flame of Solaris, Ibils and....
I was able to whisper only the name,"Mephiles." As everything became heavy and black.

-Mephiles pov-
That's right Elies, now you remember. I couldn't keep myself from boasting with laughter, how she effortlessly fought, and struggled that unborn child wriggling and squirming inside of her never even having a chance.
My fit of laughter had finally been enough to alert the guards standing at the door. It didn't matter it was too late!! HAHA!! Just as they burst through the door I made my escape through the window now trying to decide who to get next from my list.