Seventeen.

Bang Si-hyuk returned to LA the following day. And the moment he returned he sat Jimin and Auden down on the couch in her apartment to talk about everything that had happened since he'd left.

Auden felt oddly like a child being scolded in the principles office as he looked down at them, an expression of reprimand on his features.

"You two are lucky nothing else happened," he said and they both were silent. He was right. They were lucky no one else was hurt because of their little ill perceived brunch date.

"I'm sorry," Auden said.

"It's not your fault, Auden," Jimin hurried to say. "It was my idea to go to the restaurant. So all of this is actually because of me."

"Look, I don't care who's fault it was. Luckily things seemed to have calmed down because of the Tonight Show interview, and Auden's friend seems to be healing up well. So let's stop placing fault, and just try to keep this from ever happening again."

The two of them nodded sullenly.

"I should've told you about the death threats," Auden said guilty.

"You should have. But I don't fault you for that either, Auden. It's a lot dealing with that sort of thing. Just make sure that if there's ever more text message threatening you, that you bring it my attention as soon as possible so we can keep you safe."

"I will," Auden assured him.

Thankfully things had calmed down since Jimin's interview. After he refuted the claims about him and Auden dating, the messages stopped. She could only hope they would never start up again.

"Now lets get back to the work, alright? We need to record two more songs in the studio this weekend."

Auden nodded, hoping the lyrics she'd been jotting down could form into two full length songs by the time Saturday rolled around.

"Good, I'll see you both on Saturday then in the studio. If you need anything just call," Bang Si-hyuk left her apartment, leaving Jimin and her alone again.

"How's Emmie doing?" Jimin asked casually, not making any moves to leave her sofa.

"She's good, I called her this morning. I think she's still in shock after meeting you last night."

Jimin chuckled. "She was sweet. How long have you two been friends?"

"We met out junior year of high school and have been friends ever since."

"That's pretty amazing that the two of you have stayed friends that long."

"Yeah, I think of her more as family now."

"I understand that," he said, and something in his expression faltered a little. Auden was unsure why his expression fell, and was about to ask him if he was okay when he abruptly stood up.

His expression quickly turned back to a smile and Auden wondered briefly if she'd imagined the whole thing.

"Well, I better let you get to writing," he said, already headed towards the door.

"What are you going to do until Saturday?" she asked him, crossing her arms over her chest and raising her eyebrows.

"I'll probably play video games or something," he said giving her a sassy smirk. "Or maybe I'll read a book."

She rolled her eyes, wishing she knew why he was incapable of writing— leaving the entire song writing workload to her.

"Goodbye, Jimin."