Chapter 61

"I don't trust nobody
                  and nobody trusts me."

"Your girlfriend not talking to you, Lily?" Aiden whispered, nudging the redhead in the ribs.

"She is not my girlfriend," Lilith hissed, casting a glare at her friend. Why couldn't people get that through their thick skulls? Just because you were occasionally hooking up with someone, didn't mean you were dating. Aiden was a fine one to talk too, considering he was doing the exact same thing with Lydia. Even though he wouldn't admit it, she could tell that he really liked her. He got that twinkle in his eyes when she was around. It was a pity she wasn't straight. Lydia may be able to fool everyone else, but not her.

The seats in the auditorium began to fill up, the chatter increasingly getting louder. Lilith chanced a glance back at the blonde, who was purposefully looking everywhere but at her.

Jade was deep in conversation with her cousin, just for the distraction. They weren't talking about anything major, just about how neither of them had gotten a reply from Stiles, Cora or Max. There was no need to worry just yet.

Jade could feel Lilith's stare on her, but chose to ignore it. The girl had tried to corner her in the hallway, but it hadn't worked out in her favour when Jade swiped her off her feet. She wasn't dealing with this bullshit. She'd been lied to for weeks. What made Lilith think that she'd believe a word that came out of her mouth? Maybe she was being a little harsh, but she just needed time to actually understand everything

The conductor walked onto stage, counting the orchestra in. The brass and strings blended together in perfect harmony, while the choir added an airy feeling to the piece.

Jade felt a breeze hit her back as the double doors behind her swung open. Allison, Isaac and Chris walked in, the brunette stopping by her friends side.

Stiles and Max stumbled in next, whispering to them. Apparently, Cora had collapsed while they were trying to explain the supernatural world to Noah, and she was currently in the hospital.

The tempo of the music started to get faster, the lyrics turning into more of a chant. A shiver travelled down Jade's back as she looked up to the stage. It was as if she was too afraid to rip her eyes away from the scene, scared she'd miss something important.

Max fell to the floor, feeling as if he'd just got slapped across the face with a metal pole. Whoever had been hit was most definitely unconscious. The people around them cast judging looks as the group of four dragged him out of the concert hall.

He stopped dead in his tracks the second he was outside, his pupils shrinking, as if he was in a trance. Jade pulled the others to a stop, waiting for him to snap out of it.

"Lydia."

It was one word, but it sent them into total chaos. They bolted off in different directions, desperate to find the girl. No one knew what they were expecting, but the one thing they did know, was that it probably wasn't going to be good.

A scream echoed throughout the hallways, Jade covering her ears in pain as she walked into a wall by accident. She waved her hand, the map that she had out disappearing into thin air. She knew where Lydia was. She sprinted through the corridors, her boots clanking as she moved.

Jade ran into a classroom, the scene being one that she hadn't expected to see. At all. She would've been closer if she'd guessed the Easter Bunny was in there.

Ms Blake was standing with a knife in her hand, about to slit Lydia's throat, while Sheriff Stilinski lay on the floor with another knife lodged in his chest.