THIRTY ONE

"You and Lyndy need to hide that god damn book," Hermione screeched as her hands pulled at her hair, "who's is it?"

Harry blinked as he looked up and away from the book with a confused daze.

"Who's book is that Harry!" She repeated as she stepped towards him, a flash of worry crossing his face as he stood up trying to get away from the girl.

Ginny sneaked behind him, grabbing the boom from his hand and tossing it over to Lyndy on the other side of the room. The blonde opened the hardcover and read over the page before looking up and asking, "who's the half-blood Prince?"

"Who?" Hermione asked.

"The half-blood prince, that's what it says, who is he?"

"I don't know," Harry grumbled nearing the girl and grabbing the book from her hands gently before adding, "it really doesn't matter, it's made my life easier and that's something I've never experienced so can you all just stop harassing me about it."

"But—"

"Please Hermione." The boy begged as he turned to leave.

"But it's changing you . . . And I'm not liking who your becoming," Lyndy finished before leaving the common room to go back to her own.

Sixth year was quite. At least that's how had been. The world had darkened to its fullest leaving Hogwarts as the safest place even if there weren't the safest people in charge. Her fathers couldn't send letters, with owls being banned from bringing them. She didn't know how Ben was doing in the ministry with his new job and how he was in general — at least she knew he'd have Fred and George. The only source of news from outside school was the daily profit and it either didn't tell the whole truth or little of it.

"Luna?" Lyndy asked sitting next to her friend at the Ravenclaw table, "is your dad still writing the quibbler?"

"Of course but Umbridge banned it from being in the school."

"Of course she did."

Lyndy didn't necessarily believe in all the odd plants or animals he wrote about but Mr. Lovegood was the only one who ever wrote the entire truth about what was going on in the war. Lyndy was still stuck with all the lies.

There was a party in the Gryffindor common room after the quidditch team had won their game. Lyndy always refused to watch saying it was a waste of time and that she didn't have a real need for it. But she liked the parties.

Hermione stood next to her with Harry as they watched Ron get all the praise he deserved. Lyndy moved forward as she watched Lavender make her advances towards him. She gripped her arms and gave her a death glare, "don't even think about it."

Lyndy felt bad when she saw the hurt on the girls face but it quickly erased when she turned back around and saw Ron kissing Hermione. She knew he liked her, and she knew that with the fake liquid luck in his system, he would possibly try something with Hermione.

"I like you Hermione."

"I like you too."

Lyndy smiled at the exchange finding herself being overly excited for her friends.

Harry walked over to the girl and stood next to her, "I like you Lyndy."

"Yeah, yeah."

"Your coming with me and bring the book," Lyndy exclaimed as she walked into the common room. Harry looked up and nodded, after everything with the book, even he wanted it gone.

The two went to the Room of Requirement finding a large room with towers of items. They walked through aimlessly until they made it to the centre and Lyndy turned to look at the boy.

"I need you to close your eyes. I'll hide it and that way you won't want to come back and get it."

Harry nodded handing her the book and closing his eyes. He felt her fingers lightly graze his as she took it. He stood there for what felt like forever until he felt her presence again, closer than she'd ever been before. She pressed her lips to his in a boost of confidence and biting at his bottom lip. Her hands going up and down his arms and shoulders until she pulled away and opened her eyes.

"You can keep that hidden in here too if you like?" She questioned but the boy smiled brightly and bigger than ever before as he shook his head. "I don't want to forget, I want to be able to do it again."

Dumbledore is dead. That was the news headline of todays paper. Harry stared at it aimlessly because for once the facts were correct. For once they all knew what had happened. Harry had watched, he had seen it all. Snape killed him. And there was nothing they could do. There was no where they could be safe anymore.

The sun was setting as the four friends stood on the Astronomy tower and looked over the school grounds. Hermione and Ron sat on the cemented floor and against the wall, his arms wrapped around hers as they shared a comfortable silence.

Lyndy watched as Harry stood at the railing, his hands clenching the metal and his eyes flossing over. She pushed herself forward and behind the boy, wrapping her arms around his waist and holding him close, "I'm sorry."

"Don't be. You weren't even there, you didn't do anything wrong."

"Dumbledore died protecting you Harry, from those Death Eaters and we all knew deaths would happen. It's time to do this on our own it's time to finish it."

"But I can't do it alone."

"I didn't mean it like that. You still have Ron and Hermione and your parents and mine, you have so many people but most of all you have me and I'm not going anywhere. Not ever."

The boy turned in her grasp cupping her cheeks, "I love you," Lyndy smiled back and kissed him lips, those three words were always ones she was afraid to speak but to Harry it didn't matter, she'd say them when she was ready. For now he was just happy he was the one who got to hold her in his arms. He was the one who could call her his.

AUTHORS NOTE:

DOUBLE UPDATE!!! Let me know what you think and thanks for reading.