Chapter 153 - Prison "Escape"

Kara is woken up by the ringing over her phone. The blonde opens her eyes, and groans a little bit about being so abruptly woken. Kara then proceeds to grab her phone, and that is when she sees it's only 6 in the morning, and J'onn is calling her. Kara answers the phone, as she knows if it is J'onn who is the one calling, then it could be important, and might even be some form of Supergirl emergency.

"Hel..lo?" Kara answers, in a tired voice.

As Kara answers the phone, she glances over to her side, and she sees that Lena is still fast asleep, snuggled into where she was laying on the bed before she answered the phone.

"Kara.... sorry to wake you up so early.... but this is important." J'onn replies.

"Hmmm... What is it?" Kara asks, "Do you need me somewhere to deal with some criminals or something?"

"No.... last night.... at about 3AM..... there was a brief security blip in the prison housing Lillian Luthor..... Once the systems were back in order, the prison did a cell check, but Lillian Luthor was gone." J'onn explains.

"What? Are you telling me that she broke out?" Kara asks, surprised.

"We don't know what happened yet, Kara.... But that is one theory that is being suggested...." J'onn replies, "I'm heading to the prison at around 9 to have a look around, I thought that maybe you would like to come with me, along with Lena?"

"Uhh.... yeah.... sure..." Kara says, as she looks over to her still sleeping fiancé, "But I have to say J'onn..... Lena has been going to see Lillian.... and it does honestly seem like she is making an effort to change.... and be a better mother for Lena.... So.... I don't know.... I know she could have been lying.... as that would be in character with her history of manipulation.... But.... I just don't feel this is her breaking out.... At least not of her own accord."

"You may be right, but we won't know more until we have a look around the prison." J'onn replies.

"Alright." Kara says, with a sigh, "We'll meet you there at 9."

"Come as Supergirl." J'onn says.

"I will." Kara replies, and then ends the phone call.

After the phone call ends, Kara looks to her side, and simply thinks about how telling this news to Lena is just going to be another awkward and difficult thing.

"Lee?" Kara says, softly, stroking Lena's side, deciding to wake Lena up now, rather than waiting to tell her the news.

"Hhmmmm...." Lena mumbles.

"Lena.... I need to tell you something.... You need to wake up..." Kara says, in a soft voice.

Lena slowly begins to open her eyes, and then tiredly looks at Kara.

"What.... what's wrong?" Lena asks, with a yawn.

"J'onn just called me.... and Lillian is missing from her prison cell...." Kara explains.

"Wh... what?" Lena asks, confused.

"Apparently there was a brief security glitch in the middle of the night, and then when the guards went to check the cells after, Lillian was gone." Kara says.

"They think she escaped?" Lena asks.

"That's one of the possibilities." Kara explains, "J'onn has invited both of us to visit the prison with him in a few hours to check things over."

"One of the possibilities? So, you think there are others?" Lena asks.

Kara looks at Lena and sighs.

"Look..... I know that you and Lillian have been getting closer again.... and I know that you have told me you truly believe she is changing..... or making an effort to change.... So if you say that.... and are sure of it..... then there must be another explanation for why Lillian is no longer in her cell...." Kara says.