『 Chapter ☆ 11: A Mischievous Bard And The Holy Lyre 』

Font Key:

Bold = (With brackets is a small AN), to put emphasis on words in thoughts, also emphasis for anything extremely important (doesn't include minor emphasis (see italics) which is still important but not quite as important).

Italic = Flashbacks, words characters say to themselves in their heads uses " ", used to put emphasis on words in normal font. Can also be someone telling a story in not in the present if accompanied by these: 『 』

Standard = Present time, first person thoughts/observations that are not words a character speaks to them self in their head, with " " are words spoken out loud , words characters say to themselves in their heads durring flashbacks uses " ".

—— ~ ~ —— = The symbol for letters sent from Liyue

~ ~ = Time skip (placed in the middle of the page)

~ ~ ~ = The break in the page to distinguish the difference between what is part of the story and what isn't.

** to find the music for the story swipe left on the picture at the top!**

(A special big thanks to cynae_koi for her help with the proof reading process for both this chapter and the previous one. It's been very helpful in quality management and your input is very valuable!)

~ ~ ~

(Y/n)'s POV

The three of us make haste as we run through the city of Mond, ducking and weaving through streets and even climbing up a wall, as we follow the tracks of the raven haired man with cerulean tips. Unsurprisingly those who witness this spectacle look on in pure fascination at our less than normal behaviour. To be honest, it wouldn't surprise me if the bard knew we were tailing him and tried to throw us for a loop in order to make a quick getaway. If this is indeed the case, his strategy is all for naught as Aether follows the trail leading to the main plaza in front of the cathedral. In the centre stands a large statue of the Anemo Archon, a symbol of freedom to be worshiped by the citizens. Below it, the turquoise eyed musician plucks the strings of his wooden lyre with dexterity as he begins to amass a crowd around him. Quietly, the three of us merge with the people of Mondstadt as the male begins to tell the story of Dvalin. The main difference between his tale and The Dragon's Tome given to us by Lisa is its focus on Barbatos's friendship with the dragon, as well as what became the divine creature.
"Blood of venom sent the sky dragon into slumber, only to awake to be expelled in abhor.
'Why do people loathe me so?', but the holy lyre replied no more." He sings as the music becomes more and more melancholic. "Wrath and woe, vigour and venom poured from the dragon's bitter eyes. The dragon's curse sprawled in silence but the lyre could no longer soothe his cries." The bard finishes. It takes a moment for everyone around us to come to, almost as if they were in a trance from witnessing someone so skilled at their craft. By no mistake, this is the one the guards were speaking of when we arrived in the City of Wind. Eventually, the crowd realizes that his performance has ended as they give him a round of applause before dispersing.

I'm broken out of my thoughts as the dark haired man finally notices us.
"Hmm? You didn't leave like the rest..." He begins before his mind seems to register something that my companions and I are not privy to. "Wait a minute, (Y/n)! Nice to see you again." The musician exclaims as he launches himself at me with arms stretched wide. His erratic movements scare Paimon as Aether starts to move towards me to pry the male, who is a complete stranger to him, off my frame.
"Sir, please get off me. You do remember that we only met each other at the tavern the day before yesterday." I say firmly as I gently remove the raven haired musician.
"It's Venti, not 'Sir'. Did you forget my name already? I thought your memory would be better than that (Y/n)." He replies with a pout as he dexterously places a cecelia behind my ear. "Much better." Venti exclaims happily as he eyes his handiwork with satisfaction. Contrary to the shorter man, my blond companion looks rather unimpressed at the bard's brashness as he moves to address him.
"Who exactly are you?" Aether asks skeptically, likely expecting the male to make another unexpected move.
"Who am I?" The raven haired musician replies as he places a finger on his chin in thought before spinning the question back at him. "Who are you?" He questions before something clicks. "So that's why you look familiar, you scared Dvalin away." Venti finishes proudly at the fact that he correctly remembers who the blond is. At this point, I decide it's time I introduce my companions to the turquoise eyed man.
"This is Aether..." I begin, pointing at the blond as he sends the musician a nod. "...and this is Paimon." I finish, pointing to the floating pixie who sends a quizzical look at the bard.