Thirty Two

Ana's day had been pretty mundane. Going over important paper work and having her day filled with meetings that just seemed to droll on and on. The days were long and her pregnancy has made her too impatient and temperamental.

  So when Draconian strolls in to check on her she can't help but snap at him.

  "I'm certain I locked that door." She grumbles focused on her paperwork.

   "I'm certain I just unlocked that door." He counters.

   "Draconian. You're getting on my nerves."

   "It's so easy to do these days." He smirks irritatingly.

   She cuts her glare towards him. "I'm tired. I'm swollen with a giant in my tummy who love's to kick my bladder every five minutes. All the while, I have deadlines that are due. Paper work that's mounting and I'm fucking exhausted. Just the slightest movement makes me want to fall asleep but if I do, I know I will be woken up to your child constant jumping on my fucking uterus!"

   Draconian purses his lips in thought. "You're getting increasingly close. The healers say it'll be any day now."

  "I know that!" She hisses.

   He sharpens his gaze but bites his tongue knowing she cannot help the irritation that seems to follow her these days.

   With a sharp cry Ana grabs her desk, eyes wide with pain.

   She shares a panicked look with Draconian.

  "I think that's a contraction."

  With ease he sweeps her up into his arms and glides them to their room. Ordering almost every healer in the palace to make haste to their rooms.

   Mia and Ellie had been sent out to handle the civilian and worker situation while Joan was holed up with veil and Kitsch in the prisons, interrogating the surviving soldiers of the wayward General.

    The castle should be utterly empty save for servants and the queen and her baby daddy.

    "Alright your grace, it's almost time to push." A young healer instructs while she parts her queens legs preparing for the birth of her prince or princess.

   Draconian lays behind his little female her shaking hands gripping his for dear life.

   "Give me something- anything for the pain!" She screams as the little beast almost seems to try and claw its way out.

   "I'm sorry your grace. It's too late for that. We have to deliver now. General, we need you to calm her while she pushes."

   He quirks an eyebrow at the impossible job laid out before him.

   "Come on brave girl. You have faced worse things. This will be another accomplishment I'm honored to be apart of." He whispers lovingly into her sweat stained skin.

   She screams and screams for what seems like hours but nothing comes. The baby is refusing to leave almost daring them to make it do so.

   "Please, please, please." She sobs desperately begging the baby to get out of her.

  That's when she feels the cold featherlight touch on her head. She opens her eyes sobs even louder as Sophie caresses her head.

   "You've got this my queen. My sister- you've got this." She whispers encouragingly not sharing a look with a too quiet draconian.

  Ana screams again in anguish and stares at Sophie or the new version of her at least. Some dainty fangs glint in the sunlight and singular crimson eye watches her every breath. Staring into her it seems.