side story : 1

SIDE STORY: 1

"DON'T FORGET TO COMPLETE YOUR ASSIGNMENTS. I give you three days. Place it on my desk in a folder with all of you in this class. I'm not going to review it if you're even a minute late," the elderly man said before closing the book and tablet he was carrying and walking out of the room. The blackboards were still scribbled on, and the projector screen was stretched out.

The previously tense atmosphere in the room became suddenly noisy. They quickly clean up their belongings and scatter out of the room to the next class.

"Do you have another class after this, Naoto?" A woman and her friends approached the man who was sitting in the middle of the row of chairs. A little stands out with his tall body and that Asian face.

"No," He replied curtly, standing up and wrapping the strap of his backpack around his shoulder.

The woman immediately smiled broadly in relief. "Would you like to join us at the cafe for Professor Philip's assignment?" She asked softly, pointing to her friend's group, which included one woman and two men who were still patiently waiting for an answer.

The man only glanced briefly. "Can't. I'm busy. Maybe next time."

Then he walked away.

The woman sighed, her gaze fixed on Naoto, who had vanished through the door. "Naoto is always busy, isn't he?"

"He has companies to run, it's only natural," one of them replied.

"But it's a bit sad, he's still young and has such a large responsibility," one of the men said. "I mean, my parents will hand over the company after I graduate and complete a two-year internship. So I still have a long way to go."

"Well, his situation is a little different than yours."

"Much different, actually."

"Yeah, you're right."

Yanagi was exiting his faculty building at the time. His firm steps and sturdy body managed to make the people around him pave the way for him on this busy afternoon.

His goal this time was the library, borrowed some books, and then went to his office. It's always the same when he finishes his studies for the day. Lunch? He will eat when he has lunch with his colleagues or in the cafeteria.

The man skipped right to the section he wanted. Take some books, read them for a while, and then look for books that are similar to what he is looking for. He had enough time to choose the books and place them on the table provided. Sit down and then return to reviewing the materials inside. To decide whether or not to borrow this book.

"Wow."

Yanagi's movements came to a halt. He blinked briefly before looking up at the familiar voice.

"Hello there, sunfish bastard."

Yanagi remained silent. However, his eyes widened slightly as he noticed someone sitting in front of him with a grin on his face. Enjoying his reactions.

"Akinori," he finally responded after a few seconds. Yanagi cleared his throat briefly to regain his concentration. "What brings you here?"

"Meeting my girlfriend," he jokingly said and Yanagi frowned. "Of course, to meet you. What else?"

"You don't have to come here; I'll be back in Japan in two months," Yanagi said, closing the books he'd been reading for a while.

"It's up to me; I want to be the one to visit you, not the other way around. My parents also agree. Even though my main goal is to take a vacation. Please don't tell mom," Konoha responded abruptly. He glared at Yanagi as a warning not to tell his parents the reason. "Eh, why do you close it? Didn't you just read it?"