Chapter Forty-Six

3 Months Later

I had on the biggest gown I'd ever seen. It costed hundreds of thousands of dollars and Serene was absolutely in love with it. My hair was in a half up half down, I made sure the ponytail was slicked down since my hair was really curly. I decided I wanted my hair to stay curly since Alessandro also liked it that way.

The stylist who did my makeup was beyond this world. I wanted to go for a more natural makeup look, contour that complimented my skin tone and face, lashes, and nude gloss.

I was a smiling mess as I looked at myself in the mirror. I felt more beautiful than I ever have and today being my wedding day just made me smile more. I don't even remember being this excited when Oliver and I had our wedding.

His mother did object. One of the many reasons we don't like each other.

Who would've thought I'd be marrying a retired bachelor. This bachelor was the man of my dreams though. Even though I spent half our relationship trying to deny my feelings for him I'm so glad I came to my feelings. Alessandro means more to me than words could ever describe.

When I told him we couldn't have sex until our honeymoon he practically died on the spot. He even got onto his knees and begged me so we could have sex one more time then never again until after the wedding. I, of course, agreed.

I was becoming anxious as the wedding day approached. More insecurities came to mind and I started talking to him about it. What if you don't love me anymore? What if you see me as a whore for cheating? What if as we get older I get uglier? What if, what if, what if.

It went on for an hour until he got tired of me. He fucked the shit out of me that night. We weren't trying to make it happen but we also weren't not trying to make it happen.

I got pregnant that same night.

I know I should've told him as soon as I found out but what if I lose this one too? I don't want to put him through that kind of pain again. We never talked about trying for kids so I didn't know for sure if he was ready to try and have another. I was scared and that fear made me not want to tell him.

After being yelled at by all of my friends I decided I'd make a little surprise for him.

As I stood smiling to myself in the mirror a soft knock came from the door and it opened. Serene, Rachael, Leslie, and Rosa walked in with big smiles. Although it was my wedding I didn't want them to look bad. They wore beautiful one shoulder dress that were tight and reached all the way down to the ground.

Serene came over to me with tears in her eyes. "You look so beautiful. I'm so happy for you." She said as she walked over to hug me with the light pink and white lilies in hand.

"Thank you." I said on the verge of crying as well. That's when everyone came over, trying not to step on my dress, and hugged me. This moment was surreal and to have my best friend here as my maid in honor made me even happier. "Stop I can't mess up my makeup." They laughed as I tilted my head up to the ceiling.

When I looked at Serene she had the biggest smile on her face. "He's good for you, Athena. I'm glad your done with Oliver."

"Me too." I smiled. Just then someone else walked in. "Rosaline. Michael." I hugged them both.

"You look stunning." Rosaline said, wrapping her arms around Michael. She wore a green silk dress that stopped just above her knees and Michael wore a matching color dress shirt. I thanked her. "I'll let you two talk." She took everyone else out of the room, leaving me and Michael alone.

He cleared his throat. "My son loves you. I love you as if you are my own. I know your parents aren't the best ones and I'm hoping me and mg love can make up for that. By doing that, I'd like to walk you down the aisle if you allow me."