Chapter 17

The Pizzaplex didn't open the next day, nor the day after that. Management had sent out a companywide email saying that the new update was causing more bugs than expected and the animatronics were going to be temporarily shut down until they could fix the bugs. During that time, Bill would constantly come home very late, usually drunk off his ass or acting like he was high on crack. It put you on edge.

You, Amanda and Peter all stayed in close contact, going out as much as possible and trying not to think about what was happening. You and Oliver even stayed at both of their places a few nights when you got a bad feeling about going home. All of you tried to work on your costumes, knowing management might try and open up for Halloween week and just have the staff fill in for the animatronics.

As the days passed by, your nervousness and paranoia grew. You were worried that something really bad had happened to the animatronics. You were worried you'd lose your job. And with the way Bill had been acting recently, you were constantly looking over your shoulder. You started having Oliver stay in your room.

Then, you got the email you had been silently begging for. The Pizzaplex would open on Mondy. It was the biggest relief you had felt in a while. The problems had been fixed; you could go back to work. You could go back to one of the few places you felt safe.

Sunday night rolled around and you and Oliver were in your room, trying on the now finished costumes. Peter had gotten in contact with another worker and asked if they could actually put together the outfits and boy, they did not disappoint. Oliver had been dead set on the two of you having matching dresses, but you managed to come up with a compromise. The outfit was made up of three primary parts; a top, a bottom, and a headpiece. The top was a simple long-sleeved shirt that puffed out at the wrists, the right side yellow and the left side blue. The bottom was a pair of shorts, blue on the left side and yellow on the right, with a belt that had a sort of blue half skirt that was supposed to fall over the right side. It was close enough to a dress that Oliver seemed happy. Then, there was the headpiece. It was a headband with a sun and moon on each side.

Oliver was beyond ecstatic with his costume, bouncing around the room and dancing to his own singing. You just smiled and laughed, trying on different socks or leggings with your outfit to see what would work best.

That's when you heard it. The front door opened then slammed shut, causing the whole house to shudder. You grabbed Oliver, placing a hand over his mouth and shushing him. You didn't like Bill knowing you were home anymore, so you tried to make it look like you were out. Shutting off the room lights, you moved Oliver over to the bed and sat him down on it, holding up a finger to your mouth. He nodded and pulled the blanket around him, laying down on your bed.

Carefully, you took a seat next to the door and listened. At first, it was quiet. So quiet, you wondered if the door had just opened and slammed shut on its own, like in a horror movie. Then you heard the sound of shuffling footsteps. The footsteps moved around, seeming to pace around the entrance to the hall where the rooms were located. The mumbling started a minute later, growing louder and louder until Bill was yelling. He wasn't saying actual sentences, just yelling gibberish. He was drunk again.

A crash, more yelling, something shattering. Oliver whimpered and you looked over at him, holding a finger to your mouth. He covered his mouth, nodding. Though, it might've been in vain. The yelling had stopped and the house was dead silent. How Bill had managed to hear such a tiny whimper was beyond you, but you were almost positive that was the reason he had stopped yelling. It was a gut feeling, one that refused to let any other more logical reason make its way to you.

Shuffling down the hall. Silence.

Bang.

You jolted, feeling the wall shake. Silence engulfed the house again. You couldn't tell where or what had caused the sound. You started thinking it was Bill slamming the door to his room.

Bang.

Your heart dropped.

Bang, bang, bang.

He was hitting the wall. Bill was hitting the wall. Fear consumed your entire body. You raised a finger to your lips one more time, watching as Oliver nodded. Slowly and carefully, you opened the door to your room. Peaking your head out, you looked down the hall.

Standing a good meter from your room facing the opposite wall was Bill. His body was stiff, his arms hanging. You watched as he repeatedly banged his head against the wall. You could something, most likely blood, dripping down his head. From what little of his eyes you could see, they looked dead.

Just as carefully as you opened the door, you closed it. Your body was violently shaking, Pulling out your phone, texting the group chat you, Amanda and Peter made.

"I need one of you to call the cops. Please."

"Woah, are you okay?" Peter.

"What's going on?" Amanda.

"Bill. He's acting off. Please call the cops, I'm too scared to make any noise."

"I'll call them." Amanda.

"Is he being violent?" Peter.

"He broke something earlier and now he's just slamming his head into the wall. He heard Oliver whimper and he walked down the hall and started banging his head against the wall."

"Alright, just calm down. Are you two safe?" Peter.

"We're in my room. I can't tell if he knows we're in here."

"Alright, I'm on the phone with 911. They're going to send someone over right now." Amanda.

"I don't know what's wrong with him. He's been acting so weird since the Pizzaplex closed down."

"Just stay calm, I'm on my way. I'll pick you guys up once the cops get there. You can stay with me and Kelly." Peter.

"Can you get out?" Amanda.

"I don't know. The window is too loud."

The banging was now accompanied by grunts. Your body was shaking so bad, you were surprise it wasn't rattling the door. You reached up and tried to lock the door as quietly as possible.

"Three minutes. The operator said three more minutes." Amanda.

The house went silent. You listened for any noise, any footsteps or grunting or mumbling.

Bang!

You screamed, scrambling away from the door. Bill was pounding his fists against the door, screaming at you to open it. Oliver started crying and you ran towards your dresser, using all of your strength to pull it in front of the door.

"I'm parked across the street from your place. If you're able to, try to get outside and in the car." Peter.

"Hey, (y/n), what's happening?" Amanda.

You bundled up Oliver in the blanket, yanking the window open and helping him out. The screaming continued and you could hear the sound of wood starting to split.

"What's going on?" Peter.

"Answer us!" Amanda.

"You're really scaring us, what happened?" Peter.

"(y/n), answer your phone!" Amanda.

You jumped out the window, grabbing Oliver and making a bolt for the street. You ran towards the car across from your house, yanking open the closest door and practically launching yourself inside.

"(y/n)! What the hell!" Peter yelled, spinning around in the driver's seat.

"He heard us. He heard us," you sobbed, laying on the back seat with Oliver in your arms.