Mothers Day pt. 2*OLD

"SURPRISE! HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!" They all shouted in unison. Maddie jumped, startled by their sudden burst-in. Eventually her face of shock morphed into a giddy giggle and a face of joy. "Daawwwwh, thank you all so much" Maddie positioned herself upright on the bed, using the pillows to cushion her back. Tom walked over to her, "Made you some breakfast" He kissed her forehead. Tom placed the wooden platter on her blanketed lap.

She gently grabbed the cream pitcher filled with syrup and poured it over the pancakes. She jabbed her fork into the three-stacked pancakes, used the knife to slice off a piece of the pancake and lifted up the fork to her mouth. She bit down on the food and chewed. "Mmmm, so tasty" She moaned with content, allowing her tastebuds sink into the fluffy goodness.

"Well, you know what complements a perfect breakfast? Perfect gifts!" Y/N exclaimed, they backed up behind the three and smirked. "Let's see who will be the ultimate victor" Y/N muttered under their breath, "I will go first since I am the eldest" Knuckles declared. "What! No! It should be the youngest go first" Tails countered, crossing his arms and leaning towards Knuckles. "No, it should be the coolest go first" Sonic sneered, they all bickered amongst themselves, arguing over who surprises mom first.

"Okay, how about all of you show me your gifts at the same time?" Maddie suggested, she nervously chuckled, hoping that they would stop arguing before they gave her a morning headache. The three all exchanged foreign looks, "Okay!" Tails beamed, "3...2...1!" He counted down for the three. They all whipped out their mothers day gifts with huge toothy grins on their faces.

Tails held out the neon sign along with a few daisies he picked from the backyard, Sonic held out Maddie's favorite chocolates, a bouquet of red roses, and a mothers day card that sang jazz music when opened. Knuckles held out the perwinkle wrapped gift with the glittery blue ribbon and a combination of daisies. Maddie eyed all the gifts with such joy as she embraced her boys. "You three are so kind" She pulled away, gratefully accepting all these gifts. She unwrapped Knuckles' wrapped gift and wore the locket around her neck.

"Where's yours, Y/N?" Sonic asked cheekily, he originally thought Y/N forgot to get a gift for Maddie or was too lazy to since he wouldn't tell him what they got for Maddie. "I'm glad that you asked my dear brother" They replied smugly, "I will be right back" They side smirked as they left the room momentarily. They came back with a large straw basket- something similar to an easter basket- with tons of goodies inside.

There were grass confetti filling up the basket halfway. There were mini red, purple and pink crochet hearts that rested around the main gifts. There was a small heart-shaped box of fancy chocolates that Maddie loved, a warm pink and crush orange flower crown, a framed photo of Maddie and Y/N when they were first adopted with the caption "Best Mom EVER", a few roses, and a huge DIY frame photo with Maddie and Tom kissing on the beach with a faded orange and pink sunset.

The frame had little hearts sprinkled on it, squiggly prints, and a ton of miniature sand dollars and shells on it. "Took me a while to find the photos since they were deep in the files. I also took crochet classes and frame making ones too..." Y/N trailed off. They smiled nervously, hoping that Maddie would love the gift. "Oh honey, this is amazing!" She exclaimed, embracing Y/N as well. A faint blush glazed over Y/N's face as they gushed at the fact Maddie loved the gift considering how long it took Y/N to prepare it. "I also made a song if you're up to hearing it..." They nervously added, showing their guitar fully. "Of course, honey" Maddie said.

(Just insert any song, I'm rushing to get this out lol, also pretend Y/N has good singing bc every good wattpad has a good singer 👍👍)

"All of your gifts were amazing, I love my wonderful children" She enunciated, making sure all four of them understood the message. "Well, our childrens gifts are better than the one I prepared but..." Tom trailed off as he pulled out a gold chain bracelet with a small oval charm with the words "Maddie and Tom" engraved on it. She marveled at the beauty of the piece of jewelry, Tom assisted her in chaining it around her left wrist, a small gap hung low from her wrist.