Chapter Fifteen - Friend

Hours had passed and Wild was sound asleep, curled up under the blanket. Twilight hadn't gone to bed yet like he had told Wild. He stayed awake and not long after the other fell asleep, had decided to go for a walk. He sighed as he stared up at the starry night sky, the reflection of the moon could be seen in his eyes. "I lost him forever..there's no point in continuing to try.. Sometimes giving up is the best choice," he mumbled to himself as he slowly began to accept it.

"Give up? Now, that's certainly not what I had taught you,"

Twilight perked up and looked around in confusion, but couldn't seem to spot anyone. "Who..what-? Who said that?" He called out, readying his weapon. "Put that down, child. You couldn't beat me even if you tried. Besides, that's no way to act towards your...old friend," Twilight tilted his head as his eyes squinted at a silhouette that appeared near the bushes. "Old what? I don't understand.." The silhouette then began walking closer, as the light slowly engulfed the second man.

He looked a bit different than Twilight, yet somehow similar. Golden locks decorated his head, neatly parted in the middle as he wore a similar green tunic. The Hero of Twilight stared for a moment before gasping.

"O..Ocarina??" He choked out as the older man chuckled softly. "The one and only. Well..sorta..but we don't talk about the other...younger me..an odd one, yes. Avoid him, if he decides to come talk to you. Anyhow, I've been watching over you, child. What's this I hear about giving up?" He asked as he walked closer and placed his hands on Twilight's shoulders. Twilight sighed softly and looked down. "Wild doesn't remember me..I already lost..He's gone and I never even.." He trailed off with a sigh, as he averted his gaze. "You never got to tell him you love him?" Ocarina finished for him. The younger male's cheeks flushed as he gritted his teeth. "I didn't mean to fall..I know we're both men so you probably think-"

"Nonsense. I don't want to hear it. What matters is you're happy. Forget what everyone else says. It shouldn't matter whether they're male, female, or neither. As long as you love each other, everything is okay. So, do you love him, pup?" He asked with a warm smile. "Mn..I do..I love him. He's just so adorable..and pretty..He's so precious," he rambled. Ocarina chuckled and nodded. "Now now, you must love him for more than his physical features,"

"Of course! Yeah, he's beautiful, but I fell in love with him.. He's sweet and gentle, yet strong and more courageous than I could ever be..and his laugh.." Twilight sighed out as his eyes lidded at the thought of Wild. He smiled before shaking it off. "But I lost him, Rina.." He mumbled. "Hm...Pup. Answer me this..who are you?"

"What? Uh Twilight-"

"Not your nickname. Who are you?"

"Who am I- I'm Link?"

"Yes, you are a Link. You've admitted it yourself. And have you ever heard of a Link who gave up on their goal? Have you ever heard of one who stopped trying? Who didn't keep fighting till their last breath?"

"Well no but-"

"Precisely, no you haven't. Because we don't give up. Have you learned nothing? You've fought beast after beast, passed trial after trial, don't stop now. This is merely another test life threw at you and you can and will pass it like all the rest. I see a lovely future ahead of you, pup. In fact, that future is closer than you think," Twilight stared at him with his mouth agape before slowly nodding. "Yes..yeah, you're right. I don't want to fail. I want to keep fighting, I want him. But how..how do I get him to remember?" He asked his elder. Ocarina smiled and gently kissed his forehead. "Listen Child, I'll help restore them. But when I do, there is still another trial you'll have to face, and I won't help you there. I'll only lend you my aid for this because I want to see you happy with your love by the end." Twilight smiled and hugged him tightly. "Thank you! Thank you so much!" He cheered as the slightly taller man laughed and returned the embrace, nuzzling his head gently. "Now pup, let's get your little hero back, yes?"

"Yes please, let's go!"