⋆˚ఎ 𝟑𝟔 ໒˚⋆

"So this is where you live..."

Taehyun mumbles to himself while his eyes wander around the creepy neighborhood, a cold shiver running down his spine when he feels the midnight breeze sinisterly brushing against his face. Being from a small town, Taehyun always had the curiosity to explore every inch of Seoul, the city where dreams came true. But as it was physically impossible, he opted to stay in his comfort zone, choosing the consolation of his bed over lonely nights of exploring new places completely by himself. And his old self surely is cursing him right now while observing as the pink-haired boy makes his way down a shady street, instantly being embraced by the darkness of the night.

He observes the cruddy buildings around him and for a moment, he's glad he lives with his sister in a small yet cozy home, far away from these deplorable apartments. His eyes slowly meet the door of the building he saw Beomgyu walk in minutes ago. He did try to grab his attention, waving his arms desperately and screaming his name, but Beomgyu's long legs worked faster and soon he was opening the entrance door of his apartment and disappearing between the shadows, not bothering to look back.

Taehyun didn't have a clue about what to do. Firstly, he followed Beomgyu out of impulse without knowing the floor he lived on or his door's number. Secondly, he didn't know anything about Beomgyu's parents; if they were home and sleeping or if they were away, on a trip. And he definitely didn't want to wake them up. And lastly, as much as Taehyun wanted to bring himself to do something, his feet didn't let him, as they stayed glued to the floor, afraid that if he gave another step forward, a creepy figure would emerge from the darkness and kill him.

However, he didn't have to wait that long because the minute his eyes made their way back to the apartment, a tall silhouette appeared on the balcony of the second floor. Taehyun gains the courage to take a few steps in its direction and sustains his breath when he's got a clear view of Beomgyu's long black hair fluttering in the wind. What the hell is he doing there, perched on the edge of the balcony? But then Taehyun's thoughts are roughly interrupted by loud screams coming from the inside of Beomgyu's house and a couple of seconds later, Taehyun watches in terror as Beomgyu's slim figure jumps out of the balcony gracefully.

He lets out a weird noise that stays stuck inside his throat while his eyes try to desperately find Beomgyu's figure among the bushes, worried because the older had jumped from a high height. And then noises of shattering glass invade his ears and Taehyun observes in panic as a man throws empty bottles down the same balcony, all of them aiming for Beomgyu's head. And that's when Taehyun sees his friend for the first time after jumping from the second floor, dodging the infinite bottles and running away at the same time, as if he was used to it.

"Scumbag!" Taehyun hears the unfamiliar man scream, dragging his words in a low drunk tone. And then he gets back in the house, not bothering to close the door and clearly not bothering to know if Beomgyu was alright.

Without thinking twice, Taehyun brushes away all his fears and runs down a dark alley, following Beomgyu's steps while his eyes worryingly looked for the older male between the dark corners and ruined houses. After looking for a few seconds, he catches a glimpse of the older's feet climbing a ladder to what seemed to be the roof of an abandoned house. Automatically, Taehyun's feet make their way there.

"Why is he always jumping and climbing things?" Taehyun asks himself when he looks up the suspicious ladder.

Grabbing onto the little courage he had left inside his heart, Taehyun grabs the ladder and starts to climb, trying to ignore his fear of heights as much as possible. But it doesn't work well, because his left foot misses a step and he almost falls, his heart beating faster than ever while he forces himself not to look down and continue climbing...