THIRTY-NINE | year 6

FELIX FELICIS

The old feeling of Hogwarts was not the same anymore. Usually she would get this feeling inside her stomach, the feeling of excitement. Excited that she was back at Hogwarts, ready to start a new year. But this time it felt empty, or dangerous. Like something might attack at any moment.

At least Harry was there. But where is he anyway?

Cassiopeia spotted Hermione's bushy hair. She approached them, placing a hand on Hermione's shoulder as they waited in line.

"Hey, Hermione, have you seen Harry?" asked Cassiopeia.

"No, I thought he might've been with you." The girl replied.

"He hasn't been." She stated.

"Oh. That's odd--" Hermione was cut off by Professor Flitwick who rushed, clutching a very long roll of parchment.

"Name?" He asked, looking up at Ron, Hermione and Cassiopeia.

"What?" questioned Ron, furrowing his brows.

"Your names. Hurry up, you're holding the line," answered Professor Flitwick.

"I--uhh, Hermione Granger," said Hermione.

"Professor, you've known us for five years." blinked Ron.

"Hurry up!" yelled a student.

"Fine!" Ron yelled back, "Ron Weasley."

"Cassiopeia Malfoy," said Cassiopeia. She noticed figures walking around like ghosts.

"What's inside your suitcase?" asked Professor Flitwick, "miss Malfoy please get into that line to be searched."

The girl mumbled something, before letting an Auror check her bag. He went through all her things  Cassiopeia letting out an annoyed breath. He stopped, nodding before flicking his wand and fixing all her things into the suitcase that were rumbled out by his search.

Hermione and Ron were next, and the wizard had taken something from the inside of Ron's small bag that made a smell.

"What is this?" He questioned.

"A sandwich," replied Ron. "You can have it if you'd like."

The wizard closed his bag, handed it to him without bothering to fix his mess. The three of them continued their walk up the stairs. Ron grumbling.

"He didn't even bother to fix his mess!" growled Ron.

"Are those Aurors?" asked Hermione, looking at those figures which Cassiopeia had seen just now.

"Yeah, dad said Hogwarts will be full of them now that You-Know-Who is back," answered Ron.

Cassiopeia frowned. That'd be very hard to sneak in the Death Eaters inside the castle, and it might be even harder to fix the vanishing cabinet now that aurors are walking around and surveying the halls and classrooms.

Everyone is seated in their place at the long tables filled with students. They have just finished eating pudding, and Cassiopeia didn't feel like eating more.

Cassiopeia looked at her brother, who looked glum. She moved her head to see pass Pansy's head, to see the Gryffindor table. Harry had just taken a seat, his nose all bloody.

He turned around, looking for Cassiopeia. When they locked eyes, Cassiopeia motioned towards her nose, before lifting a brow.

"Draco," mouthed Harry.

"What?" She mouthed back, she turned to Draco who seemed to be busy picking his peas on his plate. "He did that?"

He nodded, she looked at Draco, nudged him on the ribs making him scowl at her.