CH. 5

"Oh, I-Inday Sara...it's you." I don't even know why I'm stuttering.

She bid a goodbye sa kanyang kinakausap and offered me the warmest smile I may have seen this night and a handshake, which I gladly took and shook.

"Aww, Sandro? Nice to meet you gang! Sorry talaga if naki-trespass ako sa inyong bakuran, I just had to take the call." The bisaya accent flowed smoothly off her tongue.

I'm amazed to see the real deal in front of me right now that I am unable to speak for a moment, if not for the constant tapik niya sa shoulder ko, I probably will still be in a daze.

"H...huh?" I snapped out of my thoughts.

Why am I so out of it tonight?!

Urghh! I can't embarrassed myself further infront of the President's daughter, and also my Dad's business partner.

"Are you okay, iho?"

"W-why yes of c-course, Ms. Duterte, why wouldn't I be?"

Na-piyok pa tuloy ako in my last sentence, thankfully, Ms. Duterte didn't noticed it, or... probably she did but decided not to comment further.

Gosh! Sandro, ano ba nakakahiya?!

'Mamaya mo na gulpihin sarili mo, Sands. Accompany your special guest muna.' I mumbled to myself.

"Nakuu! Stop the formality na! Just 'Sara' or 'Inday' is enough." there she goes again, offering me those sweet smiles.

No wonder, I heard rumors of her being courted by many men sa Davao.

Guess it wasn't just rumors then.

"As you wish, Ms. Sara." it was a bit awkward for me to call her that, considering na ngayon lang kami nagkausap ng ganito.

She giggles and I decided to start a conversation while leading her back to the hall.

"How was your trip papunta dito, Ms. Sara? Malayo pa naman ang Davao sa lugar namin. I hope you are not too bothered by the inconvenience."

"No! In fact, I am so happy to visit Ilocos Norte. Ngayong mayor na ako ng Davao, malimit na lang ang time na pwede akong gumala. I will treat this as my vacation na." she sighs and kind of look at the sky above us for a moment.

"Politics really do take a toll on us, ah.' I said in agreement.

"Ay, sinabi mo pa. But the feeling of serving my country with patriotism is greater than my will to quit politics kaya't ayun, I don't find myself quitting any day now."

"True, one of the reason why I've studied politics."

By the time that we end our first and only discussion, papalapit na kami kay Dad who is greeting someone whom we've met on Hawaii.

"Dad!" I shouted, have to, because of the loud blast na nanggagaling sa speaker in every corner of the hall.

Fortunately, Dad still heard me, and he saw that I'm accompanying Ms. Inday Sara.

"Over here!"

I tried to keep Ms. Inday Sara close to me as possible and push through the large number of dancing maniacs papunta kina Dad, which is almost impossible if I may add ha.

I didn't even noticed that I was actually grasping Ms. Sara's wrist kung hindi niya pa ini-abot yung isa niya pang kamay to shake my father's hand.

The man he was talking to earlier excused himself and left us three over here.

"Inday Sara! What a pleasant evening to see you here and join my invitation!"

I watched as they peck each other with their cheeks (beso-beso - a sign of greeting here in Philippines).

"Maayung gabii pud sa inyuha, Bongbong! (Good evening to you too, Bongbong!) It is an honor to be here on one of our heroes' house, of course, I will be here!"

My father chuckles on the statement, even I did.

"Does Mr. Duterte knows you are here? Baka sabihin niya na namang missing ang kanyang unika-iha just like what he did last time kay Baste." pabirong sabi ng tatay ko and Ms. Sara laugh it off.

"Naughty kasi man talaga si Baste, but thankfully, upon being elected as Vice-Mayor ng aming lungsod, nag-changed din siya ng kaunti."

Why do I find it amusing seeing her tries her best to not speak up bisaya instead of tagalog though?

It's kinda cute.

"I see, you have already met my oldest son here, Sandro." he finally pointed at me, and I sigh in relief.

"Yes." itinuro pa ni Ms. Inday ang pinanggalingan namin before continuing, "Actually nagkita kami kanina doon sa backyard while I was taking my husband's call. Sandro here is very polite, smart, and handsome at the same time, Bong, it seems like he take it from his parents."

"Naku, ganyan lang yan pag may ibang bisita, but he's veeeery naughty at the core, Inday."

"Ay, ganun?!"

Hearing her compliment me somehow... put a delight on my face, but... husband?

Didn't know she had one.

_______________________

ps. Mga mamshiee, beke nemen, baka may kakilala pa kayong mga fellow Uniteam who's on wattpad, pa recommend naman ng story ko ne'to uwu ❤💚