Chap.6 || Corruption?

fWhip sighed as he finally emerged from a cave, hissing as the sunshine met his eyes. He didn't know how long he had been in the caves but it was long enough for his eyes to get used to the darkness.

He had been mining for some resources, but mostly deepslate Redstone ores that he could bring back to decorate the Grimlands with. He opened his shulker box and smiled at the many stacks of Redstone and other ores he got.

He mined up the shulker box and headed back into Gem's Woodland Palace. He took a quick tour around Hermitcraft a few days back and he was in awe of the huge and amazing bases scattered around the continent.

He put away the shulker box right beside his bed, he had some sort of weird and bad feeling. Ever since him and his friends got teleported into Hermitcraft, weird things have been happening on the server.

There have been earthquakes and times where everyone would randonly start floating really high.

Hermitcrafts admin Xisuma said that this had never happened in Hermitcraft before, he didn't know if the admin was lying or not but based on the other hermits reaction this has probably never happened before and he wasn't lying.

He plopped down on his bed and sighed, he over heard a conversation between X and Gem about the moon being bigger than usual. He would be lying if he said he didn't agree.

Every single night the moon would appear bigger than the last night, the cause of this hasn't been found yet but X said he was working on it.

Sausage was doing Sausage things while Gem was probably building or something, he still had a bad feeling about something but shrugged it off as he decided to go help Gem with her build.

He got up and walked out of the palace, he walked along the dirt path looking for his sister. He found her building a windmill and smiled, "Hey Gem!" He greeted, Gem turned her head towards him and smiled. "Hey fWhip."

"Wat'cha workin' on?" The younger asks putting both hands behind his back and taking a few steps forward, "A windmill." The older replied continuing to place some blocks. "Can I help?" fWhip asks making Gem snap her head up.

She looked over at fWhip, "Sure I guess, just stick to the block pallete." She shrugged. fWhip nodded and got to work.

Whilst working on the build, fWhip still couldn't get over that bad feeling. He always had a bad feeling when something bad was happening in empires. Maybe it worked on Hermitcraft too, or it could just be one of the hermits pulling a prank. (*Cough* Grian *Cough*)

That bad feeling was something fWhip hated, something could happen to his friends or most importantly, his sister.

fWhip couldn't help but glance behind him every now and then making sure nothing was watching them, Gem started to notice.

"fWhip? Are you okay?" She asks catching her brother's attention, he looked up at her and sighed. "Yeah, its just that...I have a bad feeling somethings gonna happen." Gem frowned, "It could just be your dragon senses." "Maybe."

"I'm gonna go take a walk." He mumbled flying down the windmill, "Alright." Gem said watching her little brother wander off into the distance, with a sigh, she continued on her build.

The walk wasn't working, he just knew that something bad was bound to happen. Maybe he was just being paranoid, but his senses were always right. He decided to go visit X to get his mind off of things.

He stretched out his wings and flew in the direction of X's base. After a while of flying, he finally made it, he saw X talking with another hermit. Grian.

He slowly landed down and walked over to them, his footsteps alarmed the other 2 admins so they made a protection bubble and looked back with swords in their hands. fWhip stumbled back in surprise, "Chill out! It's just me guys!" fWhip yelled out.

The other 2 admins sighed in relief and lowered down the protection bubble, "Well thank god it was you! We thought it was another Hermit!" X scolded, "Are the other not supposed to know what you were talking about?" The ginger asks, clearly curious. "Well, yeah, we don't want the other hermits to stress out about whats been happening on the server." Grian spoke.

"Have you found any glitches or bugs?" fWhip asks, "Sadly no, I have no clue what's causing all this chaos on the server!" X sighed lowering his head, "Do you guys have some sort of bad feeling?" The dragon hybrid asked, "Yeah, I have a feeling something bad is gonna happen." The masked man nodded, Grian nodded too.

"I'll check on the codes more and make sure to fix any glitches." X added, "Thanks X! I'm gonna annoy Mumbo now!" The avian yelled flapping his wings now pretty high in the sky. The other 2 chuckled and waved him goodbye, "I have to go too, Gem's probably waiting for me." X nodded and quickly bid him goodbye before fWhip flew off.

After quiet a short flight fWhip finally arrived back in the woodlands, he still couldn't shake  off that bad feeling. He mindlessly walks into the forest even though it was getting dark, he just had a feeling something bad was around there.

He thankfully didn't find anything but decided to go to the spawn village since it was close by and he needed to borrow a bed, he was about to enter a villager's house when something red caught his eye.

Curious, he walked over to it. He kneeled down and pulled out a torch so he could see better, it looked like a red vine sprouting from the ground with other little red splotches scattered around it.

He carefully inspected it before realization sunk, this little 'plant' was way too familiar.

Was this Xornoth's corruption?