Chapter 1

"Can you hear me? Tommy?"
A moan came from the other end.
"Fricking get up, Tommy!"

Tommy woke up with a start. He looked around. It was an unfamiliar, beautiful, fantastic scene. He was the above clouds. He could see the sun in the horizon, as if it was about to dip into the sea of clouds.

"Tommy."

Tommy saw a figure in front of him. It was a Man. It was God. He seemed to made of clouds. Then he seemed to change to pure water. No it was Air. He seemed mystical. He was.

"Tommy, I have something to say."
"Whasitit?" Tommy replied hazily.
"You will die after exactly 50 days." God was smiling.
"Ok... What?!"

Tommy woke up startled from his sleep. He looked at the time. 9:49 AM. It was a beautiful morning at Hazelblue City.
'Nightmares again.' sighed Tommy. He got up from his bed.

Life was simple for Tommy. Working at a newspaper publishers for the newspaper Daily Greens. He got the enough money to live his bachelor life. He was satisfied with it too. He wasn't interested much in life anyway.

Peter Holmand, his friend and colleague at his company often told him to find a girlfriend and have a family. But Tommy always shrugged it off. Marriage, family wasn't really cut out for him.

Tommy took his phone and looked at his notifications
5 messages from work,
2 messages from Peter,
1 message from Clara.

Clara. Wanted to make this romantic, but he was rejected by her when he confessed his love to her. Maybe one of the reasons he gave up on love life. Even though she rejected him, she spoke with him once in a while as they worked at the same company, just different sections. But why did she message him now? Well not strange.

He decided to exercise his sigma balls and read Peter's message first.

Peter Holmand :
Yo
Peter Holmand :
Just because our boss is away for a meeting today doesn't mean you come late. Get your ass here right now!

Haw. Peter is sure annoying. He replied with 'coming. 😐' Next he opened his message from work.

Selina Terrywood :
Boss won't be present today.

Tadashi Kageyama :
All employees of editing section will have a meeting today at Hugh's Hall.

Unknown number : replying to Selina Terrywood
The reason why he is absent?

Selina Terrywood :
He has a meeting with some other newspaper publishers at San Okalms.

Asshole :
Lmao. Could take a day off. 😎

Tommy liked how no one responded to Asshole. That was how Gregory Tallman's number was saved in Tommy's phone. He was one actually. Most of Tommy's colleagues didn't like him either. He was mean and rude. And egoistic.

Now he thought for a moment before proceeding to the next message. Message from Clara. He opened it.

Clara Mason : Hi Tommy, I was wondering would you like to have a coffee after work with me. I wanted to talk with you about something. 😊

GOD SHE IS GOING TO ASK ME OUT, thought Tommy loudly. THAT BLUSH EMOJI SAYS IT!
He replied with ok. JUST AN OK IS CRUEL BUT I GOTTA SHOW IM UNINTERESTED!

Then an another message came. From Selina Terrywood herself.
He opened it.
Selina Terrywood : Dear tommy, if you dont reach here by 10 minutes, istg ill have you cooked and eaten by the stray dogs near my house, 😊😋.

A chill went through Tommy's spine. Wtf?! He started heading towards bathroom to freshen up swiftly. Maybe blush emojis always didn't mean good news. Maybe Clara wasn't like Selina.

He reached his office by 10:23AM. Over one and half hours late. But it's okay considering his boss is not available today. Huge hall with many cabins everywhere and over a fifty to hundred employee at everywhere floor. He quickly sat down at his cabin, shaked his mouse and clicked a couple of keys. His computer lit up. Google Chrome was running in the background. He opened it and what he saw was tragic. It was 18+ content. Yes.

🚶expected nothing much from Tommy anyway.

"Why were you late?" a stern question came from behind. Tommy quickly closed his tab and looked behind.
It was Selina. With attractive brown hair and eyes, she was wearing a black coat over her white tight shirt and a skirt. Selina was one of the office hotties but her personality made her unattractive.
"I saw that, you idiot." she said unamused.
"Uh yea- got up little late heh, was working late last night."
"Dont make up excuses, its obvious you over slept. Jesus." she walked away. Tommy sighed a relief. She was not as strict as always.

"Yo tom."
Peter was beside him now.
"Oh hi, Peter."
"Overslept huh?"
"Yeah."
"Anyway, had a small argument with wife this early morning. I should give her a gift when I go back home. Do you have any suggestions?"
"I don't know, Peter, I never understood women."
"Oh that's true. I better ask someone else then." Peter walked to the next cabin.

Tommy started his work for the day. It was getting some articles from internet and studying it. Making a report and send it to other team members for evaluation and stuff. He was surfing the internet when Peter came back.

"Oh by the way, David Northson died last night."
"Oh that guy we met at the bakery a few weeks ago?" Tommy's excellent memory told him.
"Yes. Poor man. We used to talk sometims." sighed Peter.
"What was the cause of death?"
"Accident. But what troubles me is that coincidence."
"What coincidence?" Tommy was curious.
"You remember? When we met him, he said about his dream he saw that day. About he dies after 50 days. Yesterday he completed 50 days after that dream."

Tommy was shocked. Even he had that dream today. And he had only 50 more days.

just a demo, sorry for grammatical errors if any, also i would love to know you guys thoughts on it. Thank you! <3