Nine

April 20th

The next day I'm out biking again, I didn't want to stay in because my mum is there. And I wanted to enjoy the sun without bumping into Milo in my garden so I went out for a ride.

I don't know why I decided to come back to where I was yesterday, maybe I wanted to see that boy again. I don't know why I do, maybe because I feel bad? Which is strange because I shouldn't, I don't have a reason to feel bad.

I don't know his story, he might live on the streets- he sure looks like he does. But whatever it is i shouldn't be curious and nosy, yet I stayed out biking for a couple hours going all over town to see if I could spot him.

This town is small so it didn't take me too long to go around, yet I couldn't find him.

I decided to go to the forest for a bit before going home.

I squinted my eyes when I was around the corner of my street and groaned loudly, Milo was sitting at the stairs to my house. Once I got there I jumped off my bike and avoided looking at him as he got up, I rested my bike against a column of my house.

"Hey Harvey" I roll my eyes as he walks to me, "Guess what" I look at his happy face and wide smile with a blank face and i cross my arms.

"I don't guess."

He sighed and mumbled, "well you're fun" but I didn't take it to heart, how can you be offended when people you don't care about make comments about you. There's just no point in that, and besides he's irrelevant to me so why would I care what he says.

I walk past him up the stairs, about to open the front door before I feel his hand wrap around my wrist. I pull it away fast and look at him with a disgusted look, "don't fucking touch me" I walk closer to him and his eyes widen.

Probably realising how serious I am.

And I am because I hate him, I don't want him near me. I don't want to see his blue eyes or hear his cheery voice- I just want him gone.

"What's your deal?" He questions with scrunched brows and steps away from me, my fists curl involuntary. There's nothing wrong with me.

"Nothing, now piss off before I-"

"Before you drown my dog?" He cuts me off with a scoff and I step closer to him again. "No, before i drown you" he rolls his eyes and runs a hand through his hair which I try not to stare at.

"I was just going to say that me and my mum are coming over to yours tonight" I raise my brows at that and ask him what he means. He tells me that my father invited them for a gathering he is hosting tonight.

A sort of party if you will, to raise money for the town. All the richest people are invited.

It's quite a sad evening because nothing happens, champagne and wine are handed out and people arrive in expensive dresses, suits and ties. My mum loves when we have gatherings because then she can show of her most elegant dresses and flaunt of all her money at the same time.

My dad likes it because all his wealthy friends attend and they talk about golf and what not, depressing really. They write him massive cheques to donate towards the town yet he never donates himself.

And of course I have to be there.

They have to show of their son and bring shame to their friends kids by comparing me to them. How well I do in college with my grades and my big dreams to take after my father one day.

Though that's the opposite of what I really want.

"You're not coming" Milo furrows his brows and scoffs, it's fun to see him break his happy character. He's not all cheery and smiles.